“Still looking for good clam chowder on the Oregon coast!!” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 72 Restaurants in Florence
Bend, Oregon
“Still looking for good clam chowder on the Oregon coast!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We were 3 guests, we had our grandson with us. He put it best when he said the fish on fish and chips lacked flavor! The fries were very ordinary, I suspect frozen from a bag. Clam chowder did have clams unlike Mos next door. But had an odd taste that lingered. Service was ok. We won't go back. But I would really like to know where to get good chowder?

Visited May 2014

California
“Wandered in, left satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We never sample any food offered by a woo-in staffer at an eatery door, but we chanced into this restaurant on a sunny day at the florence waterfront. The clam chow chowder wasnothing special. But my wife's crab louie and my crab-stuffed halibut were both delicious.Looked like the owner or general manager was bustling tables as was his wife and son (who handled the cash out with adult supervision). The. cheesecake desert was great. Left feelng full and well cared for.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Oregon
“Dinner for two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Don't be put off by the latino music playing as you enter. I promuse refried beans are not on the menu. We had tender sweet mussels to start. They were awesome! Everything we ordered was great! The portions were smaller then most places we ate, but the flavors were amazing! Great place for a date. Too pricey for family dining.

Visited February 2014
Florence, Oregon
“Been there 10 times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Not sure why a couple bad reviews. As mentioned on the subject, I've been there at least 10 times. I don't go when it's busy as a tourist town, sometimes the waitress crew isn't up to snuff. However, I'm not there to eat and run. You can have to those out-of-state reviewers hurry back to their snow castles or whatever. I can honestly say, I've never had a bad meal there. I like their fish and noodles. I've had a couple very good pizzas too. I know of one person who goes there at least 5 times a week!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Abbotsford, Canada
“great food, fast food type setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I would say fish and chips is their specialty, but we had oysters and a baked seafood medley-crab and shrimp and cheese...great tasting and good service, but the atmosphere was noisy and very casual.

Visited February 2014