“Did not enjoy” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Springfield, Oregon
“Did not enjoy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We did not enjoy this place. Egg flower soup was cold, not even warm. We had general tso chicken, it was the same as the nasty frozen stuff from the store. Chicken chow mein was extra slimy, lacking chicken and cold. Mongolian beef was cold and flavorless. Chicken fried rice was lacking chicken and cold. They do not have gyoza sauce you only get plum sauce. I have had better at a Chinese buffet! Took it home and my teenage boys would not even touch it. The take home containers were perfect for feeding the food to my dogs. On the plus side, the owner has contacted me and reimbursed us the cost of that meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ichiban_Restaurant, Owner at Ichiban Restaurant, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
I am sorry about the bad experience on your diner. I was not here at that day. It must something screw up inside the kitchen employee. I will pay more attention to the kitchen and supervisor the cooker keep up the good quality food. I think this is an unusually accident on your meal. In this case, even I had refunded the total price on your dinner. I still would like to buy you guys a free dinner next time when you stop by to Florence. We have lots of customer likes our food, we try to do the best quality food to all of my customers, so I have confidence next experience will be better. Stop by and try it again. Thank you very much! I hope I would see you soon.

Westport, Washington
“Unexpectedly good Asian Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Since it was poring rain, we did not want to go very far to find a place to have dinner. Right next to the hotel was this Asian Restaurant. The food was outstanding. Better than most highly advertised Places. Not much of an atmosphere, but the quality of the food, the presentation, the service and the price, made up for it a hundred times.

Visited September 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Skimpy amount of protein in breaded dishes, chow mein and rice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We did order take-out, which because of it's very nature, is less attractive and tasty to eat, but none the less, I have issue with the lack of chicken I received. I did get some overly battered pieces, with little or no meat. The rice and chow meins had the same problem. I would prefer for them to charge more than to be skimpy. I've worked in a Chinese restaurant and know the flavors so I can only comment on the Cantonese food they make, and not the Japanese, which might be excellent.

Visited August 2013
Arizona
“Number 1”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Remodeled convenience store had some really good sushi and some hot dishes, all for a very good value; good service too; maybe its cause my nickname is ichi I try to hit any Ichibans I see, most are not number 1, but this place is worthy of the name; if they'd clean up the front a little maybe more folks would find out how good the food is.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“It was alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

It was an ok place. Food was ok and had good variety of sushi and Chinese dishes. Price wasn't too bad for a family of 4. The waitress was friendly but did forget one item on the order which she promptly rectified.

• Visited August 2013