“Excellent food and views” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 73 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
U.S.A.
“Excellent food and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This restaurant has probably the best clam chowder I've ever had, and I've had a lot on the west coast. They are a bit pricey, but the view is awesome. We were celebrating 2 big birthdays and no simple dessert was even offered. That was a little disappointing.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Aloha, Oregon
“Not Bad, But Atmosphere is A-plus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I ate there and it was about what I expected, maybe a little below par. My half-pound burger was good but honestly, how can you mess up a burger? My wife's pulled pork sandwich was off-base. It has some kind of herb in it we both didn't care for. She's from Texas and knows good pulled pork and this was not it. The fruit was good! The fries are kind of strange, they are very skinny like little sticks, but not bad. The VIEW was what was great and it was cozy inside. Stick to dishes they can't mess up and enjoy the view.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Florence, Oregon
“Only ocean view in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Part of the Driftwood Shores Resort, this restaurant has the only view of the ocean in Florence. It sits right on a sandy beach with large picture windows offering a great view. As a local I frequent this place for it's romance, especially watching the sunset on the ocean over dinner. Food is very good but not a particular draw in itself. Service is excellent. There is a glass enclosed wine cellar visible as you enter for those who appreciate wine. Reservations might be needed for dinner, especially on weekends or during the summer season. Note that this place is off the beaten path being some 3 miles off Highway 101 and far apart from the other tourist accommodations in Florence.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“In response to Mr_Del and Lee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was there the night they came in the only thing bad about the experience was the way Del Reisenhuber conducted himself. The staff was trying to help him he was yelling putting his hands in the young ladies faces using profanity. Finally after he pushed his way into the lounge he still repeatedly insulted and put down staff. Ive never seen 70yr old act in such a manner. Kudos to the young ladies for putting up with his awful behavior. Only thing I can say is if you see this gentleman ( using that term lightly ) in a restaurant turn around and leave he makes your meal unbariable. We shall return to Surfside. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT!

Florence
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A group of us wanted to watch the Duck game, so a reservation was made for the bar the day prior. When we got there, they said they had us in the restaurant and not the bar. The person in charge was very rude and said we could not have a table in the bar. She said they were reserved, and I explained that we reserved a table in the bar. She wasn't budging. We asked for the manager, and she said that she was the person in charge. Luckily some ladies were leaving and gave us their table. It took about an hour to get a drink. When the game started, we could see it but no sound was coming out. I adjusted the volume on the TV, and Katie yelled at me to leave the TV alone. The bar was full of people wanting to see the game, and I had turned it up so we could hear it but by no means was it loud. Our group had to split up due to the limitations of the available seating. I understand that mistakes happen with untrained or incompetent staff, but I was surprised by the unwillingness of the staff to try and accommodate us in any way, shape or form. It was a bad experience and I will not return.

• Visited September 2013