“not your average best western!” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
san francisco, ca
“not your average best western!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

I so impressed with this hotel, it totally changed my view of Best Westerns! The view was amazing, and so was the breakfast.
A comfortable bed is very important to me, and the bed was fabulous.

• Liked — The bed, cleanliness and the staff
  • Disliked — distance from major airport
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DesiFlorence_Oregon, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Pier Point Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2007

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 541.997.7191.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

This place is fantastic.
The room was immaculately clean with a great bed.
The service was perfect and the view was incredible. We liked this hotel so much we our already planning a return trip next year. If you are visiting Florence make sure you go see the Seal Lion Caves.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Vancouver BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

Rooms are smelly really smelly, all the app. are like 20 years old some stuff was broken, breakfast was horrible no choice (for a firs time in a hotel I eat from paper plate) and get seek from the food later the day. Staff wasn't great eater.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DesiFlorence_Oregon, MANAGER at BEST WESTERN Pier Point Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2007

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Best Western Pier Point Inn
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

My wife, 15yo daughter and 11yo son spent a night here during our trip down the Oregon coast. The room (#453) was spacious and quiet, in the western wing of the hotel (which encompasses rooms 451 thru 460). Given the range of hotels we stayed at during our trip, this one was above average. The downsides were the price and the tiny size of the hot tubs (only one of which was operational while we were there). They had a couple of complimentary bottles of water in the room, which was a nice touch. We all enjoyed a good sleep, which is always the top priority (for me).

I had originally booked a room for $270. Reviewing our rooms on TripAdvisor several weeks before the trip, I inadvertantly clicked on the "check rates" button, which revealed that rooms were to be had for as little as $160. When I called the Best Western number, they told me they had no record of my initial reservation, so I made another at the lower rate. When I arrived at the hotel, they had two reservations on file, for $270 and $160. The manager let me have the nicer room (#453) for $220, and since they were sold out, were able to rent the other room, so there was no charge. Next time, I'll be more persistent / assertive in getting clear about reservations ahead of time.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Glasgow, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

We stayed here for 3 nights last month. The hotel has a very convenient location and we had a very large and comfortable room although the air conditioning pumped out hot air. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. The room rate includes a complimentary buffet breakfast and while this is adequate it is something of a not very well stocked free for all. On our three mornings there was no orange juice and on two of the mornings no yoghurt. One night the water was turned off during the night (without any prior warning) and when this was queried we were told it was because the swimming pool filters were being changed - I have to question how hygienic it is to have the pool and the rooms supplied by the same water system. On balance, however, Pier Point Inn is probably a reasonable place to stay in Florence.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple

Mount Vernon, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

Stayed here on a coastal trip to San Francisco for the most part, enjoyed our stay. The pool area is great with a nice view of the bay. The layout of the hotel is a little weird, but once you get to know where you are, that's fine. Faucet constantly ran though in the room which was annoying. Overall, hotel is nice little stop on your way down the coast.

• Liked — Pool Area
  • Disliked — The runny faucet was very annoying.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

.Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

The hotel is falling into the water.... the floors have a SERIOUS slant to the floor, and the staff who is aware of this say it's good for another 8-10 yrs according to the surveyors... or until the next heavy rainfall in my opinion.

We stayed in a room on the main floor, and we walked through two more rooms hoping for a more level one to no avail. It's very uncomfortable to be on a slant, you tend to get a bit of vertigo just like in the fun house as a kid.

The views are great, the room is clean and decent value, the staff is awesome. Helpful and honest. If you can handle an uneven floor this may be for you... I just wouldn't take the chance during the rainy season.

• Liked — Scenic location, great staff
  • Disliked — It's sinking into the water.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Pier Point Inn? Share your experiences!