“Birthday Event” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Three Rivers Casino & Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Florence
Three Rivers Casino & Hotel
You added Three Rivers Casino & Hotel to your Saves list
5647 Highway 126, Florence, OR 97439   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
Neotsu
“Birthday Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My father took my twin sister and I for our birthday. We had a
jacuzzi suite that was fantastic. There was no view, but since we live up the coast, we did not care. The bedding was wonderful and the room was gigantic. We had an epic meal in the steakhouse for dinner and also loved the buffet. The slots were good to me and the staff, well, they were first rate. I will be back.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are great with lots of ammenities.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The lobby is immediately adjacent to the casino and The first thing I noticed was the smokey smell when I checked in. The rooms are nicely appointed with quality features. Unfortunately the walls are thin and we can hear the neighbors conversations fairly clearly. The hotel section is smoke free but it is hard to avoid the smell of smoke that comes throughout the building from the lobby and casino. Fortunately our hotel room doesn't smell of smoke. The smoke in the casino is overpowering and they would do well to improve the air handling. I have a good tolerance for cigarette smoke, but I am finding the air quality here unpleasant. There is a very small smoke free section in the casino but a person has to walk through the smog to get there. We decided to eat elsewhere and drove into town to a restaurant.

Stayed January 2014
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Was with tour group who stayed at Comfort Inn nearby but this place was cheaper and much much nicer for LESS money. Very clean and modern rooms. Very comfortable beds. Easy access. Website photos are accurate. Recommend if you need to stay in area. Not far from main road where rest of hotels and motels are.

• Stayed August 2013
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This review is for the casino only- we did not stay at the motel. We do not gamble. In gambling, there is a risk of loss of something that there is little enough of as it is, so I prefer to give my money to something that is more of a sure thing, like the electric company, or food for my family. The last time I was even inside a casino, I was too young to participate. I am now fifty-five. We went this time because my daughter had just trned 21 and it was sort of a right of passage thing. We just planned on putting about $2 each into a machine and walking out 15 minutes later. When we walked in I felt a little like Marty Mc Fly must've felt when the DeLorean transported him to the future. I knew I was in trouble when I couldn't find the slot for the quarter I planned on playing, and someone had stolen the handle you pull down to make the little pictures spin. I knew we were in over our heads and we sought help. That was a very good move as we soon discovered that this place is all about customer service. I explained my confusion and told them that they had better keep their eyes peeled for a shady character with handles poking out of his bag, as they had all been removed from their machines. A man nodded his head in a understanding manner and remarked that I was used to the Old School manner of gambling. The nice lady then told us she would give us $10 of FREE money if we would sign up and become a member of something. I still do not know what we signed up for, but no-one has as yet shown up at our door and said that as members of this club we must come with them and do something immoral, illegal or fattening, but it has only been a few days, so I'm still waiting. They gave us a lanyard with a card attached that really impressed my daughter. They then called over a personal insructor to go with us and show us how to work the machines. Kind of like a personal trainer or a personal shopper, neither of which we have ever had, so it was kind of exciting. Personal Trainer carefully and very slowly, for me, tried to explain the way the video arcare looking things worked. Apparently not like a video game, because my daughter never did catch on, only she was smart enough not to admit this, I, on the other had them explain the same thing many times over. Awhile into our lesson, I pulled out my camera to take a picture of my daughter playing. This seemed to upset Personal Trainer greatly and she mumbled something about several security officers desending on us and demanding my camera. I told her that nothing like that had ever happened at Heceta Head Lighthouse on their tour, and I had taken lots of pictures there, but nonetheless Personal Trainer called a different Trainer and slipped away without saying good-bye. She was shaking slightly as she left. New Personal Trainer looked alot like a bouncer. However, he was another very nice person, and brought his own camera and took a complimentary picture of my daughter since it was a special occasion and even printed it up and framed it and gave it to us before we left. He explained again how the machine worked and got it started for us. By now, I followed my daughters lead and just did what the man said to do, eventhough I didn't quite grasp all that about rows of tiny numbers that I could not see that were hidden behind the pictures, or about how pressing a certain button would bet an amount different that what the button said. Anyway, by the time our free $10 was gone and the picures on the machine would no longer spin when I hit one of the mismarked number buttons, I had won $8 and my daughter $7, and we could not have been more thrilled. It was only as we were leaving that she discovered this place was even more wonderful that we had yet known. Someone told her that, eventhough no,- she could not get a flaming drink for free, sodas WERE free. That seemed to impress her as much as if the little pictures with the hidden numbers behind them had all lined up on the machine, and she managed to get a couple sodas each for her and her underaged sister who had been waiting in an area containing other bored-looking youth,- all eating pie- and we left a happy bunch. Later on our trip, we thought that since this place gave us free money, maybe another casiono would, too, so we stopped at Seven Feathers in Canyonville. They did not seem to be as happy a bunch there, and only gave us $5 of free money, but we did get another cool lanyard and card for signing up for something again. But they did not assign us a personal trainer, nor accompany us to the machines, but they did tell us if we had any questions we could push a help button, or a call button on the machine and someone would come. It kind of reminded me of the call buttons you push in the hospital bed, and was I afraid if we pushed it, a nurse would appear. It was not a issue, though, because we never could find a call button. But there was a nice man sitting at a machine next to us who showed us what to do, and warned us to be careful, that it was addictive. I told him that would not be a problem for us as you had to have money in order to lose money, and Pacific Power and our local gas station took most of ours. Since we had become accustomed to a personal trainer at Three Rivers, and were left to flounder on our own here- and especially when my daughter found out there was no free soda at Seven Feathers, we left feeling that Three Rivers was the better of the two.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice accommodations and lively casino. Food good and well priced. Florence has nice old town and fresh seafood. Lovely sand dunes. One our favorite Oregon coast towns. Hotel is maybe 10 years old and short taxi from old town.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

These rooms really have the wow factor when you first walk in. Paintings, linens etc. are very appealing. But...the chairs are so worn, the leather was torn on the arms, the cushion on the overstuffed chair was missing its stuffing, so when one sat they sat and sunk deep! The Kerig coffee makers would have been a nice touch, if they had worked, or had correct directions on how to operate. We would have loved to open our windows, but being on the ground floor, by the parking lot, security was a concern.

Room Tip: Perhaps avoid the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We first went to Three Rivers two years ago for a birthday and stayed in the Deluxe rooms (standard rooms) - these rooms are very modern, large, with extremely comfortable beds, beautiful linens, & large closets with in room safes. Large flat panel TV's in each room with several channels to choose from. The en suite bathroom was very clean, with a large, separate vanity area (very helpful!). Internet service is available, but it can be spotty at times (no fault of the Hotel, this is due to the area). The hotel is a few miles from the ocean, so the view is of either the parking lot (front of hotel), or the sand dunes (back of the hotel). I recommend asking for a room facing the Dunes.

There are no Refrigerators, Microwaves or Coffee Makers in the majority of the Rooms, though I understand they have a suite that offers a Fridge and a wet bar. You can request a Fridge and/or a Microwave when you make your reservation or check in, but keep in mind these are "First come, first serve".

Tip when Reserving a Room: If you want quiet, request a room away from the Elevator. On one occasion, we had a room that was right next to a very busy elevator. Note that since the Casino operates 24 hours a day, people are using the elevators day and night.

The casino is small compared to Chinook Winds (up the coast on Hwy 101 in Lincoln City), but it's not too small. We've been in the Casino on weekend nights, and never had a problem finding a machine or game to play. For some reason, the casino at Three Rivers seems to empty out by 10-11 pm, even on weekends, which is a bonus if you're a night owl looking for some fun! Also, the casino is 24 hours.

If you're gambling and get hungry, on weekends, the casino offers food from a limited menu served to you in the Casino...That way, you don't have to stop gambling to grab a bite!

The casino staff were all very warm and friendly, the cage is conveniently located, and there are several ATM's and ticket redemption kiosks conveniently located throughout the casino.

I've read several reviews complaining about the hotel and casino due to Smoking. If you are planning to stay at the hotel, but are put off by the cigarette smoke in the casino, I highly suggest you request a room on an upper floor as rooms on the ground floor are close to the casino and smoke will travel to this hall.

The casino does offer a small Non Smoking slot area, close to one of the conveniently located self serve drink areas (they offer hot cocoa, too!).

The majority of the casino allows Smoking. It is well ventilated, but it is still basically a large, indoor room with no open windows.. If the smell of smoke bothers you a good deal, your best bet would be to avoid the casino entirely. Casinos in Oregon are one of the*very* few establishments left that allow smoking indoors - a lot of people like to smoke when they gamble, and it comes with the territory of going to the Casinos.

We've eaten at Trio's and found that the food is reasonable, and comparable to standard cafe fare...the portions are larger than expected, while the prices were not. We wanted to try the buffet on a Friday night, but the lines on the weekends for the buffet are understandably long - anticipate waiting 10-15 minutes in line.

I *highly* recommend signing up for their Player's Club - in our experience, we earned "Comps" (free rooms, food, match play) much quicker at TR than any other Oregon casino. Even if you don't gamble, your free membership into this club will get you discounted room rates. After our very first visit, we were offered Two Free Nights in Deluxe Rooms each month for the next 6 months, which was obviously an excellent incentive for us to return, and return we did! Keep in mind that your "Coupons" are based on level of play - the more you play, the more comps you'll earn.

Three Rivers has no pool, no arcade for the kiddos, and is not ocean front - for these reasons, I would not consider the hotel a "family friendly" destination. I've heard rumors that they are expanding, adding a pool (a water park possibly?) - if this happens, we will certainly make many more return trips to Three Rivers.

My recommendations to the hotel would be:

*Install Fridge/Micro/Coffee Makers/DVD players in each Room for convenience
*Add a Pool/Hot Tub/Spa area for Relaxation after a long day on the Beach or a long night in the Casino!
*Build an Arcade for the kids to attract more families - a large arcade with activities for a wide age range would be best
*Offer PayPerView Movies in Rooms

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator. If you're sensitive to cigarette smoke, ask for a room on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ThreeRivers C, Manager at Three Rivers Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We recently install Keurig Coffee makers in every room which every one really likes.

We hope to see you down from Portland again soon.

Been to Three Rivers Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!