“Our 6th time staying at the VRI and it was great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
El Cerrito, California
“Our 6th time staying at the VRI and it was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We came up from the Bay Area for an annual Knife Show, a much needed vacation, and this year we got a GREAT room and SUPERB service (Hans S!). We'll be staying again next year, hopefully in the same or similar room. Sweetwater dinner appetizers and the Cesar were delicious and enough to really satisfy. Staff was capable and house keeping excellent. Once or twice we encountered a nonplussed staff but they'll either grow to appreciate the service they provide or move on. We love visiting Eugene and VRI plays a major part of our adventure. Thank you!

Room Tip: The rooms on the restaurant/pool side seem fresher.
Green Features: Nice credit in the hotel store for minimal laundry service. There's a tempting upgrade for a lounge cocktail hour, and breakfast too.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I come up to this location every year for business. This hotel has a very nice ambience and is well-kept for an older hotel. It is a great location with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby and has a great trail along the river.

Stayed April 2015
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed only one night. The room was in need of some updating. It was dark. The shower didn't drain well. The blankets were worn. I really wanted to like this hotel---- I am sure it was quite nice in its day..... But it needs some TLC. I did love sitting in the restaurant in the morning drinking an endless cup of coffee looking at the river!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Loa angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was a little disappointed in our stay.
The rooms were a little depressing (looking) and the beds lacked a blanket.

Room service was pretty good and the folks at the front desk were very helpful
(Especially Carlos)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My parents stayed in this hotel while visiting me from out of town. Their experience was not good, which sucks since I only get to see them every few months. The hotel was average/below-average. Nothing really stood out about it, not positive anyway, the one thing about the hotel that did stand out were the horrible beds and rude employees.
Most of the staff were rude and seemed inconvenienced. When my parents checked in the gentleman helping them spoke really fast (Carlos I think). Speaking fast wouldn't have been an issue but he had a deep accent and he seemed to be speaking fast because he was trying to rush the process instead of taking the time to make sure they understood. He interrupted them when they asked questions, was condescending and then practically shooed them away when he was done talking at them. I joined them to eat in the restaurant and the tall red headed hostess was also very rude and inconvenienced by our presence, luckily that interaction was short, and the waitress was nice. The food was ok. The view in the restaurant was excellent though. They kinda lucked into that one.
Cleaning staff were nice and the Italian driver was animated and friendly.
I've shared this bad experience with friends of mine who have been in Eugene longer than me and I learned that this place has a history of bad reviews and an on going problem with prostitutes.
I felt so bad putting my parents up here for their visit to Eugene, but now I know to find someplace else for them next time.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The service at this hotel was amazing. Kim in the sweet waters restaurant went above and beyond to make everyone she encountered have a wonderful time. She was on top of the service, very friendly and amazingly sweet. Will definently be back to this hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am a local Eugenian, and had my family coming up from California to stay for a night. Olivia and Anthony where very accommodating and got us the room we where looking for. They also where able to sell us wine from the gift shop since everywhere else was closed and we where very pleased with the results.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to The Valley River Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Valley River Inn

Address: 1000 Valley River Way, Eugene, OR 97401
Location: United States > Oregon > Eugene
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Green Hotel in Eugene
#5 Business Hotel in Eugene
#6 Romantic Hotel in Eugene
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Valley River Inn 3.5*
Treat yourself to one of the most time-honored and respected hotels in Eugene, Oregon. From its versatile event space to its award-winning restaurant, Valley River Inn offers Northwest hospitality at its best, with signature West Coast charm. Gaze out across the Willamette River, Owen Rose Garden, and our beautifully landscaped courtyards from your own private balcony or patio. Enjoy our large outdoor swimming pool, indoor whirlpool, sauna, and fitness facility. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Valley River Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Valley River Hotel Eugene
Valley River Hotel

If you own or manage The Valley River Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.