“Business trip to UO” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Business trip to UO”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is an OK college hotel. The rooms have undergone some nice renovations but they seem like they are halfway there. The vanities and sinks are brand new but the floor tile is old and dirty. The hallways are very outdated the carpets are stained. The beds were comfortable and had a room that was right along the river, which was beautiful. The staff at the hotel is friendly and very helpful. We were a little disappointed that the restaurant was very outdated looking and not visually appealing and the bar was extremely small. The "fitness room" shouldn't even count. The free wifi is nice. Overall, it's an OK place. Good service and you can get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Anything along the river is nice to wake up to and there's a great running/biking trail right th...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I already reviewed the restaurant but the entire hotel deserves Kudos! great place to stay, clean, friendly great service and I wonderful view of the river. Overall I was very comfortable and happy with my stay! I will be returning!
Dave A.

Room Tip: go for river view rooms
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Our group had several rooms over a long weekend for a family reunion. The location is fantastic, right on the beautiful Willamette River. Some rooms have great views overlooking the river. We enjoyed walks everyday on the river trail. There is a mall, movie theater and lots of good restaurants in walking distance of the hotel. The main hotel bar and restaurant also overlooks the scenic river.
The hotel is a bit older, but has a nice Pacific Northwest feel to it. The rooms were nice and got the job done. Our bookings included access to the Concierge Room which provided a continental breakfast plus waffles and happy hour in the evening which offered snacks and free drinks. This was an added plus to our stay.
The definite highlight was the service. From reception to housecleaning, everyone was super friendly and eager to help. Our group had lots of needs that were quickly met. The suite room my parents stayed in was very spacious and great to host all of us hanging out together.

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
Green Features: I'm guessing the hotel is pretty environmentally-friendly being in Eugene.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After our disappointment at the Inn at the Fifth we decided to stay here on our way out of town. For the same price as a standard room at the Inn we were able to get an executive suite. My God what a difference! The rooms at the Inn seemed to be a little undersized but our suite was enormous. We also had a large balcony with a river view. It's true this hotel is a little older and you can see signs of it in anything that hasn't been renovated such as some of the doorknobs and the patio door but everything else was very modern and nice. The bathroom was HUGE and the shower big enough for four people. The suites also come with concierge access which means free drinks and appetizers from 6 to 8 pm and a free continental breakfast. Due to bad reviews we didn't eat in the restaurant but room service was fast and my club sandwich was the best I've ever had. All in all the good far outweighs any bad and we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Get an executive suite. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was in town for a conference and stayed for a night. The food in Sweetwaters and atmosphere is relaxing.
The front desk staff was welcoming and a nice change from the chain hotel's robotic clerks in the area.
I will be back again. Thanks

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was pleasantly surprised at this "other side of town" hotel. Usually opting for a close to the freeway hotel, the Conference I was attending was at the Valley River Inn. Never having stayed on the river in Eugene, the setting is very relaxing and tranquil.
The staff really cares about every detail and goes out of their way to assist you with even the smallest of requests. I watched the front desk person help an older couple and then packed their bag to their room. Having lived in Vegas for a decade, I thought I was staying at the Four Seasons!
Absolutley stress busting and a real gem of the valley.

Room Tip: River view is relaxing.
Green Features: They are in "Green Eugene" and practice what they preach.
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was in Eugene on business. I have used various sites for locating rooms and happened to get the Valley River Inn about a year ago. Now I find myself hoping I get the Valley River Inn. The front desk and common area is very warm and friendly. Sweetwaters is a very nice and comfortable restaurant to be able to come down from your room and enjoy. We really enjoyed the great service that we received from Christian L. in the lounge. He made a fantastic mai tai!

Room Tip: This was our 3rd stay and we really enjoy having the river view on the upper floors. If you want qu...
Green Features: They are on top of it and have information in the rooms to assist guests in bing environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Valley River Inn? Share your experiences!