“If it wasn't for the location would probably go out of business” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Valley River Way, Eugene, OR 97401   |
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“If it wasn't for the location would probably go out of business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Cons
-The beds are very soft
-The pillows are basic wal-mart quality pillows and are tiny. We only had two standard sized pillows on each queen bed in our room.
-The air conditioning is the wall unit with a dial on it to make it cooler or warmer
-The fan in the bathroom sounded like it was on its last hours of service
-The concierge lounge was very basic and didn't even have bottle water. It also did not have any desserts.
-The rooms are dated
-The lobby smells musty and not very good
-The balcony's are right next to each other so there is no privacy.
-The towels are very threadbare and small
-The bikes are not able to be reserved so you might not get a bike when you want. The bikes are basic bikes. They cost $7/hr to rent. Again, the bikes should be reservable.
-There is a bottle of water in your room that costs $4 - exhorbitant.s

Pros
-The wifi is fast and free
-The location on the river is beautiful. I think it is worth it to pay extra to have a room facing the river. It is just so peaceful.
-The staff are very friendly and helpful.
-Location, location, location.

If you want to stay at a nice, modern, clean, fresh smelling hotel then I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn near Interstate 5. We stayed there this trip and really enjoyed the hotel. We did not try Sweetwaters. We had a reservation for four people and yet there were only two sets of towels in our room. The staff were very responsive in bringing us more pillows and more towels but should we really have to ask about such basics? I don't think so.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river. Be sure to ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I personally wouldn't pay more than 90 bucks to stay at this hotel... The beds were not that comfortable, rooms are dated... It's just like an average hotel. I would give it a 2.5 star rating instead of 3. You can get a cheaper price on Priceline. Book through there.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It was my boyfriend Fred's birthday, so I decided to book a surprise night at the Valley River Inn in honor of his birthday. We live in the area, but staying there made his birthday extra special. We enjoyed the beautiful pool and spa. We loved having breakfast in their restaurant Sweet Waters. The food was great and the service was excellent. Our room with a river view was great. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. I think we will stay there again on New Years Eve. It is definitely the best place to stay in the Eugene area. Thank you Valley River Inn

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Aloha, Oregon, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here while we were in town for my mother's funeral. The hotel has a nice location along the Willamette river with a walking/biking path out the front door of the hotel. It is close to Autzen Stadium for football fans and the Valley River Center for shoppers. However I expect more from a $200 a night hotel. Our room was dated and the room and hallways had a slightly off smell. It is a small thing, but they had the same plastic drinking cups that you see at a Holiday Inn Express. Our door had a very loud squeak when opened and closed. The staff was friendly, but not exceptional.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Highly recommend this hotel if staying in Eugene. The staff is friendly and warm and rooms are clean and comfy. Centrally located to the stadium and shopping, and close to downtown Eugene. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Traveled 3,000 miles by plane and was exhausted. They have airport shuttle service, a restaurant on the premises and some drinks and snacks in a little gift type store in the lobby. I really LOVE the fact that they have a stray cat there that they take care of. I was missing my cats and really enjoyed petting this guy! The room was very clean and bed was so comfortable! Noise level was very low compared to other places. I was under a lot of stress on this trip and this hotel did not add any stress to me, it actually helped. Would highly recommend! And the scenery of the river and walk is great! Plus there is a mall like right across the street!

Green Features: Fireplace warming the lobby, they take care of a stray cat outside in the garden area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we first arrived I was a little apprehensive because the Inn is a little dated, however, the rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I also like the fact that it is right next to a shopping mall which I took full advantage of. The staff members are very friendly and accommodating, as well. The biggest plus for me was the room service breakfast. I have all but stopped ordering room service in most hotels because it is usually not hot and cooked to my specifications (crispy bacon for one). The waiter apologized for the delay, however, I really hadn't noticed. All in all our experience here was definitely positive.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Valley River Inn? Share your experiences!