“Fabulous place to stay in Eugene” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Valley River Way, Eugene, OR 97401   |
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Eugene, Oregon
“Fabulous place to stay in Eugene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It was my boyfriend Fred's birthday, so I decided to book a surprise night at the Valley River Inn in honor of his birthday. We live in the area, but staying there made his birthday extra special. We enjoyed the beautiful pool and spa. We loved having breakfast in their restaurant Sweet Waters. The food was great and the service was excellent. Our room with a river view was great. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. I think we will stay there again on New Years Eve. It is definitely the best place to stay in the Eugene area. Thank you Valley River Inn

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Aloha, Oregon, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here while we were in town for my mother's funeral. The hotel has a nice location along the Willamette river with a walking/biking path out the front door of the hotel. It is close to Autzen Stadium for football fans and the Valley River Center for shoppers. However I expect more from a $200 a night hotel. Our room was dated and the room and hallways had a slightly off smell. It is a small thing, but they had the same plastic drinking cups that you see at a Holiday Inn Express. Our door had a very loud squeak when opened and closed. The staff was friendly, but not exceptional.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Highly recommend this hotel if staying in Eugene. The staff is friendly and warm and rooms are clean and comfy. Centrally located to the stadium and shopping, and close to downtown Eugene. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Traveled 3,000 miles by plane and was exhausted. They have airport shuttle service, a restaurant on the premises and some drinks and snacks in a little gift type store in the lobby. I really LOVE the fact that they have a stray cat there that they take care of. I was missing my cats and really enjoyed petting this guy! The room was very clean and bed was so comfortable! Noise level was very low compared to other places. I was under a lot of stress on this trip and this hotel did not add any stress to me, it actually helped. Would highly recommend! And the scenery of the river and walk is great! Plus there is a mall like right across the street!

Green Features: Fireplace warming the lobby, they take care of a stray cat outside in the garden area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When we first arrived I was a little apprehensive because the Inn is a little dated, however, the rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I also like the fact that it is right next to a shopping mall which I took full advantage of. The staff members are very friendly and accommodating, as well. The biggest plus for me was the room service breakfast. I have all but stopped ordering room service in most hotels because it is usually not hot and cooked to my specifications (crispy bacon for one). The waiter apologized for the delay, however, I really hadn't noticed. All in all our experience here was definitely positive.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Inchelium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The inn is situated in a shopping center, but don't let that fool you! My room was quiet, bed and pillows perfect for the best night's sleep I had on my week long road trip. The staff was warm and welcoming, restaurant food excellent and the location on the river walk along the Willamette River was perfect.

Green Features: This hotel is in line with Oregon's energy efficient program. There is information about their practices on their site.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Farmingdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for a night while visiting the vineyards. When we pulled up, we didn't expect much because it is in a very commercial area. But when we went inside we were pleasantly surprised. The lobby is spacious, beautiful and quiet. The check-in staff was friendly and helpful. We paid extra for the concierge floor which is a good bargain. With a room on this floor, there is a nightly cocktail time and breakfast in the morning. The man in charge of this hospitality suite seems to really love his job. He was very friendly and very attentive to everyone who was there.
Our room was huge. More like a big suite than a room and even had a beautiful balcony. From the balcony we could see the pool which was very large and also beautiful I was sorry that we did not have the time to use it. There is a coin laundry on the first floor which I used at 5 am and was happily surprised that the girl at the desk could give me change for it at that hour!
For all of this, the price we paid was very reasonable. Would have stayed longer if we had the time!

Room Tip: For a few dollars more stay on the concierge floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Valley River Inn? Share your experiences!