“I would definitely recommend this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn Eugene
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1859 Franklin Boulevard, Eugene, OR 97403   |
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
Eugene Oregon
“I would definitely recommend this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I would definitely recommend this hotel for many reasons. First, it is very comfortable and well appointed. The staff is most friendly and the proximity to both the University of Oregon and the highway are excellent.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rowland Heights, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

Days Inn is situated in the perfect location for any team competing at Haywood Field - it offers you the opportunity to walk to the track as well as other University locations - it also has restaurants and markets within close proximity. The motel had good service with very spacious rooms and a decent breakfast buffet. The only negative would be that it doesn't have a pool, however, I would certainly come back and recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2009
Majorca, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

This hotel is a dump because it can be. It is right across the road from the University of Oregon, which will always ensure a steady supply of parents and students to fill the room and provide absolutely no incentive to take care of the property. I booked through priceline and ended up, much to my chagrin, with a smoking room. No other rooms were available. The hotel told me to complain to priceline, priceline told me to complain to the hotel. I am sure that the hotel threw us in this room in favor of customers who had booked directly with the hotel and am curious if this is a problem with priceline. Regardless, the room was filthy (smelled bad, but that goes without saying), everything was very outdated, paint on walls was peeling, bathroom did not seem clean, and we felt like we needed a shower after we checked out. I do not recommend this property at all.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dorris, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

The Days Inn is a very basic hotel and I would not stay there if we were going on a nice vacation, but we stayed here a lot during the 4 months my son was in the hospital. They offered us a great hospital rate. The staff was always friendly. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area and rooms were clean. If you are staying in Eugene to be close to the college or hospital or maybe even on a business trip I think that Days Inn is great.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

I stayed at two Days Inn places on my way from L.A. to Seattle. I didn't want anything fancy or pricey since I was only going to be at each place one night and was already spending a lot on gas.

The second night I stayed at Days Inn Eugene and even though it was more expensive than the Days Inn Woodland (near Sacramento) where I stayed the night before, the accommodations were worse.

The room was supposedly non-smoking but it smelled suspiciously like someone had recently smoked there. There were no spare electrical outlets to plug in a cell phone or laptop charger. I had to unplug one of the lamps to charge my laptop and used the bathroom outlet for my cell phone.

Opening a window got rid of the smoke smell after a few hours and so I didn't think it would be worth it to make a big issue of it with the management directly, since I was going to be there less than 12 hours. But when I looked for a comment card in the room so I could note the problems, it wasn't in the room. There wasn't a cable channel listing or hotel guide with other information — and all three of these things had been at the Woodland place.

Overall, Days Inn is fine if you're going to stay for a night or two but the Eugene one could definitely improve little things to make themselves above a Motel 6, if they're going to charge more.

• Liked — Wi-fi and breakfast included in room cost
  • Disliked — Non-smoking room smelled like smoke; no empty electrical outlets to charge electronics
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

We researched Trip Advisor for hotels located nearby the University of Oregon for a campus visit and tour. The Days Inn was just what we wanted. Our room in the newer section of the hotel was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the indoor spa down the hall was very nice. It was a short walk to Oregon Hall for the start of our campus tour and the Days Inn manager had no hesitation when we asked if we could leave our car parked in their parking lot beyond the 11:00 a.m. check out until after our tour was over.

• Liked — close to Univ. of Oregon campus
  • Disliked — noisy air conditioner
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
East Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

This hotel is old, dingy and offers no amenities. It was truly depressing. The room was shabby and not particularly comfortable. It overlooks a parking lot on both sides. The breakfast was in a tiny corner of a tiny lobby and was about as chintzy and unappealing as any I've had. And it costs $91.00 I stayed here for one night instead of the three I had booked.

The next morning I walked down the block to the Best Western New Oregon and for $10 less had a large, lovely room with a comfy bed, a balcony and a large upscale bathroom. This hotel also had a reasonably big indoor pool, a workout room and a big breakfast area with a very nice selection of breakfast items.

• Stayed April 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Eugene? Share your experiences!