“Avoid if possible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
Majorca, Spain
“Avoid if possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

This hotel is a dump because it can be. It is right across the road from the University of Oregon, which will always ensure a steady supply of parents and students to fill the room and provide absolutely no incentive to take care of the property. I booked through priceline and ended up, much to my chagrin, with a smoking room. No other rooms were available. The hotel told me to complain to priceline, priceline told me to complain to the hotel. I am sure that the hotel threw us in this room in favor of customers who had booked directly with the hotel and am curious if this is a problem with priceline. Regardless, the room was filthy (smelled bad, but that goes without saying), everything was very outdated, paint on walls was peeling, bathroom did not seem clean, and we felt like we needed a shower after we checked out. I do not recommend this property at all.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dorris, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

The Days Inn is a very basic hotel and I would not stay there if we were going on a nice vacation, but we stayed here a lot during the 4 months my son was in the hospital. They offered us a great hospital rate. The staff was always friendly. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area and rooms were clean. If you are staying in Eugene to be close to the college or hospital or maybe even on a business trip I think that Days Inn is great.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

I stayed at two Days Inn places on my way from L.A. to Seattle. I didn't want anything fancy or pricey since I was only going to be at each place one night and was already spending a lot on gas.

The second night I stayed at Days Inn Eugene and even though it was more expensive than the Days Inn Woodland (near Sacramento) where I stayed the night before, the accommodations were worse.

The room was supposedly non-smoking but it smelled suspiciously like someone had recently smoked there. There were no spare electrical outlets to plug in a cell phone or laptop charger. I had to unplug one of the lamps to charge my laptop and used the bathroom outlet for my cell phone.

Opening a window got rid of the smoke smell after a few hours and so I didn't think it would be worth it to make a big issue of it with the management directly, since I was going to be there less than 12 hours. But when I looked for a comment card in the room so I could note the problems, it wasn't in the room. There wasn't a cable channel listing or hotel guide with other information — and all three of these things had been at the Woodland place.

Overall, Days Inn is fine if you're going to stay for a night or two but the Eugene one could definitely improve little things to make themselves above a Motel 6, if they're going to charge more.

• Liked — Wi-fi and breakfast included in room cost
  • Disliked — Non-smoking room smelled like smoke; no empty electrical outlets to charge electronics
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

We researched Trip Advisor for hotels located nearby the University of Oregon for a campus visit and tour. The Days Inn was just what we wanted. Our room in the newer section of the hotel was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the indoor spa down the hall was very nice. It was a short walk to Oregon Hall for the start of our campus tour and the Days Inn manager had no hesitation when we asked if we could leave our car parked in their parking lot beyond the 11:00 a.m. check out until after our tour was over.

• Liked — close to Univ. of Oregon campus
  • Disliked — noisy air conditioner
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
East Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

This hotel is old, dingy and offers no amenities. It was truly depressing. The room was shabby and not particularly comfortable. It overlooks a parking lot on both sides. The breakfast was in a tiny corner of a tiny lobby and was about as chintzy and unappealing as any I've had. And it costs $91.00 I stayed here for one night instead of the three I had booked.

The next morning I walked down the block to the Best Western New Oregon and for $10 less had a large, lovely room with a comfy bed, a balcony and a large upscale bathroom. This hotel also had a reasonably big indoor pool, a workout room and a big breakfast area with a very nice selection of breakfast items.

• Stayed April 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Beaverton, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2007

My wife and I stayed here for two nights this past weekend. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. The bed had a fitted bottom sheet, which doesn't mean much to me, but my wife said most hotels don't do this and it keeps the sheets from bunching up. There were also five pillows on the bed instead of the standard two or three. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, and a newspaper was left in front of our door each morning. I don't remember a hotel ever giving out a Sunday paper, let alone delivering one to each door. That was a nice touch! A small continental breakfast was included in the office and was nothing fancy, but had enough choices for us.

Only a few negatives: The wallpaper in one corner of the room was warped and loose and needed replacing. The bathroom was clean, but a bit outdated. There were small screw holes still in the walls where the old shower curtain rod and hair dryer used to be hung. The t.v. remote did not have numbers, so you couldn't enter a channel. Instead, you had to press an arrow key to move up or down. Took a while to move through 72 channels. However, these were all minor issues.

At about $80 a night, the Days Inn was cheaper than most comparable hotels in Eugene. The location, a block from U of O and near restaurants and a market, was excellent.

This is not a fancy place, but if you are looking for a clean room at a good price, the Days Inn should meet your needs.

• Liked — Price, clean room
  • Disliked — t.v. remote, outdated bathroom
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ArizonaEscher, manager at Days Inn Eugene, responded to this review, November 20, 2007
I was surprised to see this review. We get a lot of compliments about our cleanliness and the breakfast. For a continental breakfast, we serve a lot of items. And breakfast is available from 5:30am till 10am. I pay attention to what our guests want, which is why we now include sugar free syrup and honey. We are in need of a remodel which we will begin this winter, however, the rooms are not dingy, the west wing rooms are smaller but newly remodeled, the east room wings are spacious and clean. If a guest lets us know they are dissatisfied, we will do what we can to make them happy. I had a guest that almost didn't stay with us because of that review, then he read all the others. Give us a chance, we care!
Bandon, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2007

This was a very pleasant 3 day stay- I could park right outside my room and room was clean and new. Staff and housekeeping were very helpful and courteous. They also have a private pool. The price was only $84 a night as compared to $150 at the Phoenix Inn.

• Liked — Convenience, cleanliness and location- near good restaurants
  • Disliked — Outside walk to continental breakfast and Lobby
  • Tips/Secrets — This is the best for the money- homey feel to rooms.
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Eugene? Share your experiences!