“Clean, quiet rooms right across from U. of Oregon” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
KlamathFalls, OR
“Clean, quiet rooms right across from U. of Oregon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

You can't get any better location than this if you're visiting the U of Oregon.
Rooms are a bit spartan, but are a very good value. They're clean and quiet, and the staff is the greatest!

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the spa, but still there was no noise at all!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on having a clean, comfortable hotel with a fantastic staff. We are looking at some upgrades to our rooms in the coming months. I hope if traveling to Eugene you would choose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Everything was clean, pillows and the kind bed provided rested sleep which is key, and check in/out was quick and easy.

If you ever end up in Eugene for a game or on a road trip, Days Inn here is a yay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel and are happy that was your experience. We hope to see you again in the future.
Gresham, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We were able to check in early (3 hours!), so that we could leave our dogs while we did people things. The staff was friendly, the room clean and our beds were soft, fluffy and came with extra pillows. No, it's not fancy, but for a very reasonable price (especially with AAA discount), you get a clean, quiet, comfortable, dog-friendly room. Who cares if it's older and the decor is a little dated - you're not moving in!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor next to the office and heard no outside noise, or noise from other guest...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. It is always great to get feedback from our guests. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, We do offer a limited amount of pet rooms because we realize a lot of travelers prefer to travel with their whole family which includes their pets. I am also happy to hear we were able to get you into your room early. We always try to accommodate early check-ins when possible. We hope when traveling through the area you choose to stay with us again.
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I arrived in the middle of the night.after a very long trip from the east coast. 3:30 am. Walked in and got help immediately. I was in my room within 10 mins. the rest of the stay was very good .day break breakfast was only ok. but did the trick to get you up and out the door with something in your stomach. the staff at the eugene days inn were great .helpful and nice. If I were to go back to this area I would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for the new building. I did not stay their but it looked nicer then the main building.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on having a clean, comfortable hotel with a fantastic staff and I am pleased that was your experience. We are looking at changes to our breakfast offerings in the coming months. We hope to see you again in the future.
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

This place was clean and the mattress and bedding were what we have come to expect. We have paid much more and gotten far less. They did everything necessary to accommodate us, helping with a special request. The location is great and the price is fabulous. The breakfast had all we needed in a pleasant atmosphere. I cannot post pictures of the imperfections I might have searched for as I don't have time for this after staying in an inexpensive motel. There may have been some slight flaws, but I will stay here again in the future because I know what to expect when I pay under fifty dollars for a motel stay. Thanks for a nice visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We work hard to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. We pride ourselves on having very clean rooms and a great staff. We have been running some special fall rates and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of this. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Being an experienced “Budget Traveler”, I am very aware that sometimes paying a lower price means you have to sacrifice certain luxuries that are found in the more expensive hotels and motels. However, I am also aware that with all of the competition out there between moderately priced lodging, I know that there are many chains that offer comfort and cleanliness even at a lower price because, well, they want to survive and maintain a customer base. My recent stay at the Days Inn in Eugene, Oregon, proved to be an experience of a chain hotel not following the model of what they promise.

The Days Inn Hotel & Suites is a moderately priced hotel that claims to offer a clean and comfortable stay. My experience was unfortunately on of the lower-end of the spectrum of a functioning and clean room.

Here is my list of good and bad.

Good

1. Location, close to University of Oregon, public transportation, supermarket, restaurants.
2. Low price
3. Polite Staff (but ineffective)
4. They offer a free (but low quality, cereal and coffee) breakfast in the morning.
5. Free Parking
6. Free daily newspaper

Bad

1. Outdated décor
2. Uncomfortable bed (hard as a rock)
3. Bizarre Room Key (easy to lose)
4. Room not 100% clean (more like 40%)
5. Did not get turn down service the next day.
6. Bathroom sink drain plug broken
7. Coffee pot was dirty and smelled odd
8. Sheets and comforter were itchy
9. Room smelled bizarre
10. There was a hole in the wall partially covered by a piece of glued on wallpaper
11. The bathroom fan was louder than a Jerry Bruckheimer film and did not work.

I know that paying a lower price sometimes means that you do not get everything you want but I have stayed in several of their competing hotels that was the same price and had a great stay so I know that you can still offer good accommodations at a low price. Normally, I would switch rooms but they unfortunately were all like this. The front desk staff was nice but they were young students who clearly had no power in what happened in the hotel. At one point, I decided to leave the room and go for a walk but that proved uncomfortable as well since both nights, there were groups of drunk college students wreaking havoc in the area which made for a fearful walk for this single lady traveler. Over my travel life, I have stayed at worst places but what is most disappointing is that this is a major chain that promises a clean and comfortable stay so I would like to think I can trust what I am being told when I hand over my hard earned money. This will just be one hotel that I will cross off my list as places I will not return to. If you are visiting Eugene for a weekend I would advise you to spend the extra $10 a night and stay at one of the other competing hotels in the area, you will get a better night’s sleep and a room where everything actually works.

Room Tip: Do not get a room that ends in 214, 216, 314, 316, they are in a creepy location behind an exit door...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our goal here at the Eugene Days Inn is to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. We work hard to make sure our rooms are clean and everything in them is in good working order. I apologize that was not your experience. Our front desk staff is trained to handle guest issues when we are aware of them and are authorized to compensate guests when we cannot solve their issues.

We are going to be looking at some upgrades to the hotel in the coming months. One of the items we are in the process of replacing is our mattresses. In fact the majority of our mattresses are pillow top and are in good condition. I will speak with the housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure the issues you had while staying with us do not happen to anyone else in the future. We really do appreciate your feedback because it gives us the opportunity to improve. If you are in the area again we would love for you to give us another chance because I know we can do better. If you choose to stay with us again, please contact me directly at (541)284-5255 so I can personally make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Eryn Organ Brown
Assistant General Manager
Eugene Days Inn
Padova
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

After an initial confusion finding my designated single room was actually occupied the friendly staff quickly upgraded me to a huge double room. I was in town for a course and this hotel was near the site. It was very clean and comfortable. Shuttle from the airport cost $22. Breakfast was good with fruit, a selection of muffins and toasts, coffee, boiled eggs...Good cheap Korean restaurant across the road as well as big supermarket open till midnight. Can also recommend the Indian restaurant, also within walking distance, in direction of the town. Bus into Eugene stops 100 yards away, just across the road.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review us. I apologize for the initial issues you had during your check-in. I am pleased you found the rest of your stay enjoyable. We work hard to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel and we are so happy this was your experience. We hope you choose to stay with us again.

Been to Days Inn Eugene? Share your experiences!