“Track City Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington
“Track City Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at the New Oregon Motel while our grandkids participated in the Track City Competition at Hayward Field, which as an added bonus, was within walking distance. The staff there was AWESOME - we had 8 children and 4 adults staying in a double room and a family suite. Breakfast was abundant and excellently timed for our competitors to be able to eat before needing to check in at the field. The housekeeping staff provided extra towels and worked within our timelines to do an excellent job of keeping our rooms tidy for the 4 days we were there. We were allowed to check in as soon as the rooms were ready AND staff also allowed us a late check out so that we had a overlap - a place for the non-competitors to watch tv and play in the pool until time to pack up. The pool was clean and abundant towels were constantly refilled due to the deluge of children and young adults staying. However, Tracktown Pizza is close - very, very spendy and nothing special as far as I could tell - I would find a different venue for food.

Room Tip: The family suites have 2 separate rooms with amenities. The further from the street the quieter the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Renton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Not great. Would not recommend this hotel to any one with a large family. Rooms are small, the concierge could have made a better recommendation for us to use their pull out bed, but instead they gave us an extra charge. Not enough towels in the pool which was 65 degrees. We froze! Very close to campus which was a great location for seeing U of O.

Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at the New Oregon Best Western when we traveled to Eugene for Freshman Orientation at the University of Oregon. It is right across the street from campus with lots of restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are recently remodeled and super nice. We had a little balcony that looked over a creek, which was very scenic and restful. We didn't eat breakfast there because we slept in (super comfortable beds and pillows!) and didn't use the workout facility or indoor pool because we didn't know they were there until we were checking out, but I took a peek and the workout room is very large and the pool looked great. The only complaint I had was that the the lamp on the desk that had 2 electrical plugs on the base that I used to charge my phone is connected to a light switch by the door. So when I thought I was charging my phone, I actually wasn't, and my phone ended up dead and I was quite unhappy about that. Other than that, I highly recommend this hotel. Note that there is also a Best Western a few doors down and while I didn't go into it, the front desk clerk said that it was renovated 8 or 10 years ago, so it's probably not quite as nice as this one.

Tracy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in order to tour the University of Oregon. Very high end for a Best Western. Very nice rooms, good quality towels, linens and beds. Nice indoor pool. Was so pleased that a good restaurant was right next door as we arrived fairly late. Our tour ran longer than I expected so I called the front desk and let them know we would be checking out past the deadline which they accommodated. Really nice hotel and great service.

• Stayed July 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel is right across the street from UofO. Parking is difficult at the University so this was a plus. Excellent service and very nice room. Room quality was similar to higher end hotels. The rooms with the balcony are worth the extra price. Jogging and biking trails are nearby next to the Willamette River.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My son and I stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. It worked out perfectly for our needs as he was at IntroDUCTion for U of O transfer students. The location is great and there are restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast did the job of getting us started for the day. The staff are friendly and helpful with any questions we had. I plan to stay here again once we move our son up for school.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN New Oregon Motel? Share your experiences!