“Recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
Sacramento, California
“Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed just one night on our way home from a week long trip in Oregon. But it was the best stay of our trip. Large room, Comfy bed, plenty of pillows, great breakfast, HOT hot tub, indoor pool, and very friendly staff. And an easy drive to Voo Doo Donuts. Someday my hubby will learn how to use those tv remote controls so as to NOT order a movie by mistake. Front desk easily removed the chafe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction going on next door to this property.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

If you are looking for a wonderful hotel, close to the University and are willing to spend a little money then you have the perfect match. WONDERFUL rooms and a semi impressive breakfast as well. Best my expectations for sure. Staff was very polite and did their best to answer all my questions about the area (Burrito Boy is the place to go for late night, or anytime). If a budget stay is not a concern, you've got your choice hotel right here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Holiday Inn Express is a good choice if you are visiting Eugene and want to stay close to U of O. The rooms are quite large and very clean. They include a refrigerator, microwave, sink, coffee maker and a sofa bed in addition to the double beds.
Construction was not an issue for us as we were out all day, and they stopped work at 5 pm.
Hotel was a little difficult to find at first, and parking was a little tricky because of construction.
Try to get a room on higher floors. Would definitely recommend this hotel for Eugene.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from ice machine.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

First of a all..... A huge shoutout to Jarod at the front desk! Great customer service.... let me elaborate on that..

First, I ended up booking last minute (was not liking the price I saw online), calling at 4pm on a Friday evening to attempt to make a reservation...(my bad for not realizing it was check in time)... he attempted to transfer me to reservations where it just rang and rang.... so I hung up, called again and asked "Is there anyone there by chance that can take a reservation because reservation line was not picking up?"... Jarod did not miss a beat... he politely asked if I could again hold and he would be right back with me after he finished checking in a guest... I had no problem waiting as long as someone was able to assist me... He gets back on the line and immediatley takes my reservation, was able to get a great government rate and a king suite which was awesome!!! Perfect after driving in monsoon type rain for 3 hours with a 4 year old!

The room was amazing... more than enough room for myself, husband and our lil dude to play with his toys. Breakfast in the morning was great too... loved the wifi as I was running my cell, laptop & tablet off of it... Just a great overall stay!!

I did the survey they send you afterwards but I wanted to make sure that credit was given when due.. customer service is not an easy job as it is, so I believe people need to be rewarded when they go above and beyond! So great job Jarod!!!!

Looking forward to my next holiday inn express stay in May in NYC!!! :-)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Spent two nights at this hotel Saturday and Sunday. Reserve the two queen bed suite. Room was large and very clean. Had two queen beds as well as a sofa sleeper. A small fridge and micro wave was also available for use. Bathroom was large and very clean. All bathing supplies were stocked. This hotel also has a hot tub and pool. We didn't use either. Breakfast each morning was good enough for me and my wife. A good way to start the day without putting out a few more bucks. Room was a little noisy both nights. Family on each side both nights. One suggestions to the hotel. Is not to place families next to couples. This didn't ruin my sleep or my stay.But just a suggestion. I do believe the construction will be an issue in the coming months. As they build upwards. The new student housing will overlook the hotel rear rooms. We were in a room towards the front of the property. The only issue was the coffee drive through. You will need to keep your blinds closed if you aren't completely dressed. Overall a good hotel close to restaurants, highway and the campus

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is our second visit here and thanks to TA, i was aware of construction...wow....a LOT of construction ...so much so you have to put a sign on your dash to show you are a guest.

I asked for a room away from the construction and as high up as possible. The front desk Lenord ( sp?) was very accommodating and i got a lovely King suite for a good AAA rate. He offered some cookies as a welcome treat.

Bad news to me was finding out the Boulevard Grill across the parking lot is now CLOSED and has been for two months. So i guess we order pizza for delivery!

The GPS directions to,get here from I5 take you through an industrial area and under a bridge and honestly, if you hadn't been here before, you would swear your GPS was taking you some place to get mugged!

There is NO Holiday Inn billboard on highway either..only the Motel 6 and Best Western have signage so get with the program Holiday Inn and let people know before they reach EXIT 191 Glenwood Boulevard " towards downtown Springfield" according to our GPS Samantha!

Room Tip: For now, request AWAY from the construction as they work 7 am to 7 pm Monday thru Saturday.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I visited in mid-March for 3 nights. This was my second stay here while in Eugene and the hotel has many things going for it. Number 1 is the close location to the University of Oregon. There are a few good places to eat (Tracktown Pizza, House of Chen), a great grocery store with a huge wine/beer selection and a coffee hut all within a couple blocks from the hotel. While you are a long walk from downtown Eugene, there is a convenient bus stop right outside the hotel. The staff is incredibly friendly and took excellent care of me (e.g., putting me in a quiet room, letting me check out late, ordering a taxi for the airport). The room (suite) was well-furnished with newer, comfortable and functional furniture. The bed was comfortable and clean. Spacious bathroom. Daily room cleaning was solid, though the bathroom could have been a little cleaner (drain plug left in middle of tub, streaks from cleaning rag on the bathroom counter). A few minor complaints, though it's worth noting none of these would stop me from using this hotel again in the future: 1) There is major construction going on behind and around the hotel. I requested a room facing Franklin Blvd and didn't have any construction issues but I can see people staying to the back of the hotel could have some noise issues due to construction). The hotel rooms aren't very well insulated so you can hear people walking about in their room or listening to their tvs 2) An indoor pool can be an attractive feature for many- but the heavy chlorinated smell stays in the lobby and hallway wherever you go. 3) The breakfast is a bit underwhelming and could use more healthy options (more, fresher tasting cereal choices, more fresh fruit, better oatmeal options), though they did have a good array of milk, soy milk, and yogurt. Good coffee. Great wifi- no issues. Overall, a very nice stay- I intend on visiting and using this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene? Share your experiences!