“Visit to the University” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
Pleasant Hill, California
“Visit to the University”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

An incredible find in a college town. Well situated, impeccably kept, staff is professional and helpful, rooms were large, clean and comfortable - a terrific value. I would recommend this to anyone. The only drawback was parking - which can be a challenge due to space limitations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

IHG properties are my hotels of choice due to reasonable prices for very good accommodations. My loyalty (platinum member for 9 straight years) is normally rewarded with upgrades and fine service. The treatment I received from Eugene Holiday Inn Express exceeded my tough standards. Upon check-in for a four day business trip, I was upgraded to the King Spa Suite. Very impressive room. When I mentioned to the front desk that I would appreciate if they could provide milk when I returned from the work-site that I could keep in my room to satisfy a special diet, I was again surprised to open my room refrigerator and seeing the milk I requested was placed in my room. The fitness room equipment was exactly what I needed (as they are at almost every IHG property) and everything worked. Being on the road for over 60 to 100 days a year is difficult but a hotel staff that sincerely cares about their guests helps make the time on the road just a little easier. I tip my hat to two of the truly outstanding employees at this facility: Kaitlan and Joslyn. Eugene is a lovely area. If you find yourself here for either business or pleasure, I would recommend this facility.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here while getting son set up in new place at U of O. Have stayed at another hotel in Eugene that was $150 more per night and further away. VERY helpful and friendly staff who went out of their way to assist me. Will be booking here for the remainder of my U of O visists.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I chose Holiday Inn Expresses because they are predictable in a positive sense. They are typically either relatively new or recently refreshed. Rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable. This HIE was what I expect (and I stay in Holiday Inn Expresses 80-100 nights per year). What made this one stand out was the staff. Pleasant, efficient, accommodating. They went above and beyond.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Garden Grove, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here while our son moved in to the University, terrible room. Room was noisy, could hear people next door talking, could hear people above us walking back and forth across their room. And when the toilet upstairs flushed it sounded like a waterfall in our room. Would never stay again and never recommended to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SarahSmithGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so very sorry that your stay was so terrible. We strive everyday to provide a welcoming, relaxing atmosphere where are guests can gather and rest. This is not what we provided you and for that I am sorry. Dropping off a child at the University is an exciting and stressful time. If you ever do come back to the area I would sincerely appreciate an opportunity to make this right for you. Top floor rooms on the inside of the building tend to be the quietest. Again, if you are ever in the area please contact us, and ask for either the Guest Services Manager or General Manager and we will make sure your stay is exceptional.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days during college freshman move-in. Unbelievably convenient- right across from east end of campus, next to great grocery store. Very spacious rooms, decent continental breakfast, and very cleanly and helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The staff was very gracious and helpful. Jasmine at the front desk was especially polite and helpful. Good selection for breakfast. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene? Share your experiences!