“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

361 W 7th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401   |
Ranked #21 of 32 hotels in Eugene
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was literally in the middle of everything my and my husband needed to do in Eugene. The room is nicely redone and a value for how much it cost. I will stay there again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed November 2012

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Overall nice motel. The outside of the motel doesn't look so great, but the rooms are all newly renovated and modern. Everything was very nice and there was also a small refrigerator and microwave! It is very close to downtown Eugene and local shops. A good place for a short stay. Rooms are not sound proof, so expect to here lots of noise in the morning as people check out and start their cars. Starbucks one block away better choice than their continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Park your car early as the lot fills up quickly at night.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Coos Bay, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This motel, with clean and well furnished rooms, is but 2-3 blocks from the Hult Center in Eugene, with its concerts and other events. A senior rate night for 2 double beds Feb '12 was $66, taxes and all. While not luxury nor resort, the truly downtown location is great for an inexpensive night when we drive to Eugene for Hult events.

Room Tip: One story horseshoe around the parking area, so all rooms about same. We enjoyed having a bathtub in...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Davis, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Exterior is not encouraging, but room was very good - a cut above average, but couldn't really rate it as "very good" although it is a good value Very clean, good hot shower, big fluffy towels (Willamette Valley has soft water), solid mattress and confortable pillow, so-so breakfast bar (coffee, cereal, some fruit). Excellent location for moving about downtown Eugene. Frig, microwave, hairdryer.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I will say this, this motel offers a refrigerator & microwave. I stayed in a 4 star hotel that didn't offer those items. It's a cute, very old fashioned motel. Rooms are large and I giggled at the cute little built in heater in the bathroom. The shower is like a small tiled closet and just made me feel like I stepped back into time. Mattresses are hard as a rock though and my room needed to be renovated as I could see plaster patches and water damage in the bathroom. Continental breakfast is a bit of a joke. Two types of cereal, orange drink, terrible tasting packaged muffins, coffee, basic tea and fruit. Not much to it. All-in-all not a bad experience, just not my usual comfort.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed here after booking the room on Orbitz. We had never stayed in Eugene before and therefore had no "go to" place. We took a chance and it worked out very well. The motel is pretty old, which means rather large rooms and our room had been freshly remodeled. I thought it cute that we had an old fashioned key instead of the usual credit card type key. We had a large bathroom with a tub, refrigerator, and microwave. Being a rural kind of guy, I had some anxiety about staying right downtown. It was well lighted and there are security cameras around. The only downside was there are 28 units in the front section and only 17 parking places. Someone potentially has to park somewhere else. That aside, I'll be back next time I need a room in Eugene.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Olalla, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Spent one night in Eugene's Downtown Motel in September. Had researched several Motels close to the train depot on the net, and this one sounded like the best.
I made my reservations on line, and upon arrival we found the Downtown Motel was just as advertised. Had all of the things I find important in a Motel. Good managers, logged us in quickly and efficiently, The room was clean with no odd smells (we had reserved a no smoking room with a single king sized bed.) Bed and bathroom linens were clean and bright, Bathroom and tub were clean, with lot's of hot water. We had a good nights sleep, with only minimal noise form the street. Before check out we tried the Breakfast, found cold Cereal with milk, bananas, coffee(bad!), muffins, and a news paper to read. The price was as listed. Only a seven block walk back to the Depot. We will stay here again.
As an aside, this Motel along with several others in this area, subscribed to a service called Pony Express. Placed upon the table in our room were several menu's from different cafe's in the area. You could make your meal selection from the menu, call Pony Express, and for a flat charge of $4.50 they will go to the restaurant/cafe, place your order and deliver it to your room. Such a deal! Wished others did the same.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Downtown Inn? Share your experiences!