“One of my favorites in Eugene” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Eugene, Oregon
“One of my favorites in Eugene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Good quality Chinese food. Fair prices, especially for lunch. Very good portions. Service is ok, but sometimes they are short staffed. Interior decor and furnishings are a bit dated. That said, I go there about once a month.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

52% Recommend
“top 3 choices for Chinese food in Eugene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

good portion, good quality, good price, good value. I amnative Chinese and I think their foodis pretty good!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eugene, Oregon
“If only the service was better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have tried to forgive the poor service over the years because they have very unique food and there are times that it's worth running the gauntlet in hopes of making it out in an hour.

I suggested to two friends that we try OS for lunch since I was craving some sweet and sour chicken and chowmein. Mistake. Big mistake.

We were seated immediately but we were not even acknowledged by a server or bus person for twenty minutes. Meaning we weren't given the obligatory tea and water.

After being ignored, I caught the eye of a waitress by the "excuse me, ma'am" that should draw attention. Instead, she walked away. By this time, we're nearly thirty minutes in and I need to be back to work and don't have time to go anywhere else.

Our server finally came to the table and I explained we had limited time. In her defense, they did have two rather large parties and were under staffed. She brought our order fairly quickly.

Unfortunately, this will be my last visit to OS. my friends agreed that the food just wasn't worth it. I was ten minutes late from lunch and I can no longer tolerate the poor service.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eugene, Oregon
“above average Chinese American cusine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food is tasty & without MSG
Have been going since they opened in the late 80's.
Should you stray away from the chow mein & fried rice, there are some dishes that are pretty traditional , using local ingredients.
Quick & satisfying,
Service can be spotty -

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eugene, Oregon, United States
“ocean sky is ocean sty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The food is good-but the restaurant is dirty
It is usually really busy- but totally understaffed- so the service is slow because 1 waitress and 15 tables

• Visited January 2013