“best burger in town” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Cedar Flat, OR
“best burger in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We tryed to go in here a few times. but theirs certain time its not goin to happen. very popular! Love the discount for biking. parking is a problem here. So we went up to the counter were the extensive beer list is overwhelming and apparently changes often. I decided on the sampler of 8 different kinds and got the daily quech. My fiance got the house burger and fries. It was 1pm and was still very busy. We sat with a number and anticipated our food coming while enjoying are variety of beer. Everything was perfect. nothing left on our plates. From what i understand as much as they can is locally bought to. Which would explain my perfectly crisp dressed green salad that came with my three mushroom quech. Will diffidently go back. the burger perfeclty seasoned the bun is amazing. The seating is picninc table style you may be forced to sit with paople you dont know. I feel some days this would appeal and others it wouldnt. So on the not appealing days i just wouldnt go there.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Let It Pour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Tasty food and beer selections served by guys and gals who appreciate both. Enjoyed "fried quail special" with fiddleheads on the side and a tasty pint: how can you go wrong?! Don't let the alley location put you off: order, hunker down at a community table, and dig in. Cheers!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, Oregon
“Great Brew, Lovely Food and Horrible, Hard Seating Once Again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went to Falling Sky on the recommendation of several friends, and I wasn't disappointed! I had a flight of their great beer, although the entree' I chose was not to my taste. However, I will go back because everyone else's food looked great! Also, Sous Chef Emily was so wonderful - bringing us a couple of amuse boches that were tasty and delicious! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for some good, high-end bar food and great beer. eBut here is the bad part - ONCE again a Eugene restaurant has no comfortable seating for me in the entire place! I had a choice of a tiny metal chair, or hard benches - not my idea of having a comfortable, enjoyable meal! I even pleaded with the server to find a blanket, pillow, ANYTHING to cushion my seat - and he never came back to our table. Please, please Owner/Manager of Falling Sky - look around your own restaurant and just know that your seating is hard, uncomfortable and not suited to a larger, lovely person such as myself! I have back problems from an old car wreck, and sitting on your furniture hurt my back, and prevented me from having a great experience at your venue. Could you please at least have a few chairs with cushions for patrons like me? I would very much appreciate it, and I will be sure to check if you have heard what I was saying the next time that I visit your restaurant. Thanks so much!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, OR
“Great burgers and brew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place is just off the beaten track. You could easily miss it...but don't! The burgers were great. The French fries were good and the beer said 'more'! too some home.

Visited March 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Good brews, good space, good food, good people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Falling Sky is the most recent addition to local brewpubs in Eugene, and without a doubt it is the best!

First, the physical space is one of the most agreeable in Eugene. Surprisingly, there are very few coffee shops and restaurants in this town with a south-facing exposure, so even on a rainy day (of which we have many), FS is a pleasant place to hang out. The outdoor patio is equipped with awnings and heaters so that you can sit outside almost all year long. The interior has a hip, industrial chic to it, and large-paned windows allow patrons to see the gorgeous copper kettles where their brews are made.

And what brews! FS regularly has over a dozen options of their local beers on tap. The styles are varied and creative. They post the IBU and alcohol content on the menu board, and there is a full 2-page menu with more elaborate descriptions. FS bucks the trend in Eugene of madly hopping beers for hopping's sake; they have the full range from malty to bitter, so that everyone can be happy.

The staff are obviously into their beers; they take great pride in them and love to talk to customers about how they are made. They offer tastes of as many of their brews as you like.

Finally, the food: Yum. Some offerings may look like simple bar food (e.g., burgers and fries), but the execution is exceptional, gourmet quality but not fussy in any way. Then there are the unusual dishes that really please the palate and tickle the fancy, like a NW take on poutine, the classic French-Canadian dish, or a polenta and fried egg special.

In sum, you can't go wrong at Falling Sky. It has become a de rigueur local hangout, thanks to its dependably interesting beers, great space, delicious food, and friendly staff.

• Visited March 2013