“Great local restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 515 restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Wild Duck cafe offers high quality hand made cuisine in a unique yet comfortable atmosphere. Our flagship fresh ground natural beef burgers set the stage while a unique collection of locally crafted art and university of Oregon memorabilia create an eclectic ambience. We serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, and we have a great great pub featuring 20 Oregon craft beers for your late night enjoyment. We accommodate large groups!
Ames, Iowa
“Great local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

While driving through Eugene on a Saturday evening on the way to Portland, we decided to have dinner here after briefly reading reviews of local restaurants, and we were very satisfied with our choice. We sat outside and found the street to be very quiet while we ate (there was an out-of-town football game that day).

Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. The menu offered a good variety of food, and we enjoyed everything we had. The chicken gorgonzola pasta was excellent! The sasquatch burger was tasty and fun to tell others about. We definitely would eat here again, especially if there were out-of-town sports events going on to make for a more calm atmosphere in town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Eugene, Oregon
“Low salt appreciated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our first experience at the Wild Duck, new in our area, was for breakfast. My husband is on. Very low salt diet and has trouble finding main dishes that are not salted! Smoked salmon is offered for several breakfasts, so he asked for a sample of the salmon. To his surprise, the smoked salmon is very low salt. They smoke their own and don't use a heavy brine. We have tried several other main entrees for lunch and dinner and continue to be happy with their efforts to keep products low salt. They are friendly and willing to give samples and try to prepare foods as requested when possible. We will continue to eat there and meet friends there.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, Oregon
“Just so so ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We started off with a calamari appetizer, which we get at every location we visit that has it on the menu. So we know good calamari when we have, however this calamari had absolutely no flavor. No seasoning and the calamari had nothing, and the dipping aioli I was not a fan of. I ended up getting a turkey sandwich with sweet potato tots and my boyfriend got the French dip with chips. For starters, sweet potatoes should never be tots again. The chips were good! And the turkey sandwich was just average. We only saw our server when she took our order and when she gave us the bill. Don't think I will be rushing back to eat here.

“You have to be ready for this place!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had a really great lunch. Service was friendly and I enjoyed myself, especially as a Duck alum. I went back for dinner with my daughter and it was a very different experience. Still the friendly service and pretty good food. But the place had turned into a raucously loud room with rude children whose parents were too busy with each other to supervise the kids. I love kids, I teach kids. I don't like them being outrageous in a restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Concord, California
“Round Two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is the second time my friend and I visited the Wild Duck. The last time was a month ago for another football game. The staff there is excellent. I had a salmon sandwich, very tasdty. But the bar is to die for.... Bobbi is the best waitress and my table grew larger with more people each night. Go Ducks!

• Visited October 2013