“Pleasantly Surprised!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 33 hotels in Eugene
Los Angeles, California
“Pleasantly Surprised!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

OK. So after reading all of the bad reviews on here about this motel, I was bracing for the worst, but this was the cheapest option and I decided to bite the bullet and stay at the Nite Inn. Our first interaction was with the son of the family that owns the place. He checked us in and was very pleasant and helpful. I had read on here that they call you in the morning to force you to check out. No such thing happened. In fact, we got up at around 10:30 and since the check out time is 11, I walked out and talked to the father and asked him to give us some extra time. He politely agreed. The room was basic, but very clean and smelled good. There were clean fresh towels and we even asked for more which they gave us. To sum it all up, I think the bad rap that this place gets on here is a bit unfair. If I pay $43 a night, I won't expect Ritz Carlton treatment and I think for $43, it was great value! If you want "tweeker motel" with a grouchy unpleasant lazy hotel manager, go to Executive Motel down the street which was the pits and made us reminisce to the previous night when we stayed at the Nite Inn!

Room Tip: The further from the road, the better!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Grants Pass, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

In addition to the room not being clean, the bed being old and extremely uncomfortable, none of the appliances working, and the faucets being installed wrong, the man at the front desk was extremely rude. This was the first time in my life I've been called in the room and reminded to check out on time from what was, by all appearance, a completely empty motel. I wish I'd read the reviews before booking.

Room Tip: None of the rooms in this place would be a decent way to spend a night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

where do i start!!! nasty smell on room not clean at all i can tell it has mot been vacumed or floors cleaned dirt on shower tub and walls shower curten not correct kn so every time u do shower floor comes out with hella water sink covered on cig burns on a non smoking room walls have very visabule dirt on them. kitchen floor obviously dirty. sink in kitchenet has holes in in it they put a cup over to cover it. sheets first night were dirty with food asked for new sheets they didnt even.puy them on so we go to and the pad on the bed OMG i almost lost my lunch iy was filthy i mean filthy!!! nasty!!! oh and to top it off we get to find bottles of lotions in our bed when we start to change sheets .. we didn't even bring lotion... i am afraid to even look under the bed and oh the blankets have hella burn holes in a NON SMOKING ROOM.. not to mention the blood stains on the mattress and when I complained I got yelled at called stupid and was told what do I expect... then he showed back up at our room to yell at me more claiming we had two children staying with us because he heard my husband talking about our two kids so we should pay more which we didn't have both our kids with us thank god!!! Nasty I am reporting them to the health board!!! WE NEED TO SHUT.THIS PLACE DOWN BEFORE SOMEONE GETS SICK AND DIES!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Redmond, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I checked into the Nite Inn at about 10:30 at night after a late Duck football game and were extremely disgusted by the room. It smelled horrible to start and when I pulled back the comforter on one of the beds there was a disgusting brown/black smear on the sheet. Normally we would have left right then or complained immediately but we were exhausted so we slept on top of the comforter on the other bed. In the morning when I went to complain about the smear the "manager" was completely rude. He was an awful human being to deal with and he basically accused us of causing the smear with muddy shoes. After this he said we should have come and got someone to change the sheets and he got extremely mad when I told him that it was late at night, we were exhausted, AND that needs to happen before someone checks in to their room.Then he started to blame his cleaning lady and told us we should talk to her if we had any complaints. When I told him I didn't want to talk to her because HE is the manager and it is his job to manage the affairs of the business he said we were just angry and in a bad mood because he heard us fighting and arguing in the parking lot the night before (nothing even close to this occured, if anything my wife called out to me in the parking lot to bring her night bag in). The guy is a total jerk, has no customer skills, and is basically just a terrible person. This is a disgusting horror show that they are calling a motel and I HIGHLY recommend everyone avoid it so that this unfortunate place goes out of business. It needs to...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Billings, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Older rooms. We got two rooms, one had nicely updated bath but the other was quite old. Tried to use microwave but it blew a breaker. When we tried to contact the desk pone would answer. Before we left we asked for reservations for one week later. They were having computer problems but they would take care of it. We also let them know that we would be on a late flight when we came in and we were told No Problem. As we pulled in at 11:30 pm, four women and a teen, the vacancy light was on, the parking lot all but empty. I rang the bell and waited several minutes. I rang a second time and finally got the tiny window opened. I was told we did not have reservations and there were no vacancies. The little window was closed and he left the room, leaving us standing in the parking lot with no idea where to go or what to do.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The walls haven't been cleaned in years !! The stove didn't work ! The towels had blood stains on them !! Woke up the next morning and pulled back the sheets and found I had slept in a blood pile !!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Nite Inn - Eugene? Share your experiences!