“Well priced comfortable accomidations” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   155 Day Island Rd., Eugene, OR 97401   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Well priced comfortable accomidations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Friendly staff, clean hotel. Love that it's on the river so a nice stroll with my dog in the morning there was great. Breakfast is minimal featuring biscuits and gravy or waffles...some cereals but would prefer healthier choices.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oro valley, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel was great, but the location was terrific for our little dog. The park across the street was a real bonus and we found downtown an easy walk for our family, including those of us who are senior citizens.

eugene, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were treated as if we were in a small B & B. The staff was terrific. Couldn't have been more pleasant. We had a few requests that were handled quickly and professionally. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Truckee, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Staff is ok, Parking is less than OK. Room Cleanliness NOT OK. Stayed here on memorial day weekend. There is less than ample parking for this large of a property. The window had been smeared with some brown messy something. It was cleaned within a couple of hours......too slow. Then there was a wad of hair on the dirty bathroom floor. Housekeeping needs to be retrained maybe remove housekeeping supervisor. BY the way do not bother with breakfast.

Room Tip: I had a 1 bedroom suite. Bad idea, be sure to get Park view. I had street view, very noisy sirens at...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Medford, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter who traveled down to meet me for two days (June 6-8). When I checked in, the girl at the front counter asked if I had stayed with them before. I replied "Yes, but it's been awhile ago." She gave me my room key and said nothing further. It was a warm and muggy weekend and I was unable to get the air conditioning to work. Upon checking out, I found out that they have energy efficient room key system and the key needs to be plugged inside the room to maintain the air conditioning. This would have been nice to know when I checked in! I'm all for "being green" but at least let the traveler know!
When I made the reservation, I had asked for a later checkout on Sunday since my daughter's travel back home wasn't scheduled until late in the afternoon and we wanted to spend more time together relaxing. The housekeeping manager Talisa said she could give us another 15 minutes! When we asked for two hours, she said "The hotel is full." (I called the hotel later that day and was offered three different room choices that were available.) The housekeeping manager then said, "What difference will an hour make? What can you do for an hour?" She had a very unpleasant attitude. As we walked away from the front desk, we could hear her and the other employee talking about us. It was very unprofessional!

I have stayed at this hotel before but won’t again. This was an unpleasant experience and, as a result, I don’t recommend this hotel.

Lakewood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I love the breakfast. This place is a great value. This place has all the accommodations that I am looking for in a hotel. This hotel was very clean. Plus, they had individually wrapped make remover towelettes which is the first time I have seen at any hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

San Francisco, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here during the Memorial Day Weekend to see friends and explore the campus as Alumni. We traveled with our two dogs (one small, one large), and had no problems at all getting them in and out of the property. There is no additional charge for the pets which is nice (across the street they charge a one-time fee). All of the dogs on the property were crate-trained and quiet. If you have a dog that can be in a crate during the night, is good on/off leash, and housebroken, this property is perfect. Crates weren't a property requirement but I didn't see a guest checkout with a pet without one. It is on the trails which allows for easy bathroom breaks. Alton Baker park is a short walk/drive from the hotel and will poop your dog out for the day if you make the trip. Front desk staff was great at not cleaning our room when we left the dogs to sleep while we went out to eat, and check-in and check-out was seamless. Everything was clean and quiet. Beds are super comfortable. There is a concert-venue .5mi from the hotel. If there's a venue the night you're there (as there was when we were in town), don't call the front desk to complain--I've lived in Eugene and had an apartment around the corner for 3 years, it's hit or miss who the venue books and the noise is present, but not bad, for everyone in the area. Never on Sunday nights, so unless you're sick, you shouldn't be in your room anyways during the venue. More directly: it's not their fault if there's noise and there isn't anything they can do about it. Great place for Oregon Football games if you can get a reservation. We'll be back next time we're in town and not staying with friends or family.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Eugene? Share your experiences!