“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

This family owned business is like night and day from the one in Roseburg an hour away. Beautiful bed linens, waffles for breakfast, friendly staff always available,and Pony Express meals delivered. Fridge, micro, hair dryer, iron, plenty of hot cascading water, and big screen all for $50/night. And no odors!

The one in Roseburg however had garbage overflowing at the entrance,no one available in the office ever, surly, and worst of all, a smelly room. Luckily, I had a scent machine blowing continuously at full speed to counteract it. I'll never stay there again. Luckily, Eugene is just up the road a bit.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fontana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we go to Eugene(5-6 times yearly) we always stay here. The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. The breakfast is always a nice way to start the day. Nothing fancy, but nice for a night or two. We will continue to stay and suggest you do also.

Room Tip: stay in the middle part for better wifi
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is definitely an older property. The main room itself was in pretty good shape even though a bit on the small size. The bathroom was in a big need of an update - colors and fixtures.

The breakfast was pretty good. Had waffles, cereal and toast. The orange "juice" tasted more like orange drink.

In the breakfast area there were two tables for a total of 4 people. I got lucky and got a seat otherwise it was back to your room to eat.

One of the two nights at about 2:30 am there was a lot of shouting in the parking lot. Also my room was right next to the exercise room and both nights there was someone who came in to exercise that turned the volume way up.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
ken p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you very much for leaving a positive feedback. We recently installed new wooden floors and vanity area in the rooms. We will take your suggestion into consideration. Thank you so much. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Eugene.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

Admittedly, I wasn't there that long, but I did enjoy my time there. The room was a single, but very spacious. My room was spotless on check in and I felt very comfortable right out the gate. I made quick use of the iron and ironing board and was impressed at how quickly the iron heated up. My personal one takes longer!!! I turned on the heater in the AM after my shower (it was all of 35 outside) and it worked almost immediately as well.

Check in was a breeze and the desk clerk was very helpful.

It's only about a mile from the Amtrak station, and the weather was gorgeous so I walked it and made it relatively quickly. You may go through a couple of sketchy blocks, but the majority of it is fantastic.

It's a little far to walk for a night out in Downtown Eugene, but I imagine a cab ride would be relatively inexpensive. Considering how reasonable my rates were ($40 range), the 'sacrifice' of distance was well worth it.

I fully intend on staying here every time I visit Eugene and don't crash with friends.

Room Tip: They are all good. I would advise getting one closer to the main office to minimize traffic noise...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
ken p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, March 27, 2015
First of all I would like to thank you very much for your business and this positive review. This review really help us with our business and makes it easy for the travelers to choose the right motel. I hope we will have the honor to provide you the best service again in near future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

Exactly what I was looking for, a functional, clean place to stay while visiting granddaughter at U of O. The bed was comfortable, the shower had lots of water pressure and everything was neat and tidy. I had my pets with me and they were comfortable as well. The wifi worked flawlessly, there was a kitchenette and wonderful parking right outside the door. I loved that it is only one story, no one tromping around above you. Not fancy but the price was great. I will stay there again and have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
ken p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, March 18, 2015
I would like to thank you very much for the review and would like to know that we really appreciate your business. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will have an opportunity to provide you the best service again in near future. Americas Best Value Inn Eugene staff would like to thank you very much.
Tempe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

If you're looking for a cheap but clean hotel in Eugene America's Best is definitely for you. The room was partially remodeled, basically new floor, new bed, and desk. Clearly it needs a new painting job and a new bathroom door but you can definitely live with that because the place is substantially clean. i'd advise as soon as you walk into the room to turn the heat on because it takes a while to warm up. At night, I'd use earplugs because the traffic on 6th Avenue is really loud and the walls are paper thin. I'd stay in room 113 or 130 because they are the furthest away from the road. Don't expect anything fancy for breakfast so you won't be disappointed. Coffee is decent, you can make your own waffle and you got two choices of cereal, the cheap loaf of bread detracts from the breakfast experience, though. If you want breakfast, be prepared to negotiate your way into the corner where the food is. Two people can't stay there at the same time.

Room Tip: Try to stay in rooms 113 or 130, away from 6th Avenue
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Americas Best Value Inn Eugene would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your business.
Grand Beach, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

Our room was updated (no carpet hurrah) and very clean. A fantastic price and very pet friendly. Just as described online except the breakfast is not a deluxe breakfast...just one loaf of bread and a waffle maker...coffee and packaged orange juice.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Americas Best Value Inn Eugene would like to thank you for your business and a positive review. We really appreciate it. This review will help us get more business and other travelers to choose the right place to stay. Thank you once again.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Eugene? Share your experiences!