“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
Grants Pass, OR
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

We really enjoyed the gal, Joanna, at the front desk. Very helpful and friendly. The location was just 2 blocks from downtown. Great restaurants and the Saturday market was worth seeing and was right there. Great coffee in the room and in the lobby. We had the King delux room. Great amenities for the price. We highly recommend this motel! And I recommend reserving directly with the motel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

We were in Eugene to attend the Prefontaine Classic Track Meet at Hayward Field on the University of Oregon campus. We are long time U of O track season ticket holders and come to Eugene for the major meets.

We waited until the last minute to get hotel reservations and all of the familiar nationwide chains were sold out. We decided on the Campus Inn based on proximity to Hayward Field, availability and of course TripAdvisor reviews.

We found the Campus Inn to be a clean, comfortable place to lay our heads. Not a lot of frills and thrills but they certainly got the basics right. No complaints of any kind and as other reviewers noted the front desk staff was absolutely terrific. We were treated as though this was our fiftieth visit, not our first.

I can safely say I have found a new home away from home in Eugen when attending track meets.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Newbury Park
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

The front office staff are friendlier than we could have asked for! The price was right and the location of the motel was perfect; however, the cleaning crew needs to be replaced. The sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable, but the remainder of the room was dirty as can be -- crumbs of food on both chairs, entire peanut butter crackers (along with their crumbs) under the beds, dirt and many hairs on the bathroom floor.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

I had a wonderful experience, the staff members were excellent, the overall property is well kept and the rooms were clean and I think the room rate was really reasonable. When I checked in they greeted me with warm welcome. I just felt like a royal. Their morning coffee is wonderful. I have recommended a lot of my friends and family to use Campus Inn as their go to hotel in Eugene Oregon.

Stayed October 2008
Poughkeppsie NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

Windows that open, free Starbucks coffee, a delightful staff, and outdoor jacuzzi. What more need be said.... Well, the Campus Inn is the most central hotel in town. Walk to UofO, downtown, or the river. The rooms are neat and obviously recently updated. I choose to stay here because this is an independent hotel that prides itself on providing service above and beyond what I expect. They specialize in saying yes. The staff answered all my questions, and always made suggestions to enhance my experience. I will be back for sure, and I will tell my friends the same.

Stayed October 2008
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

I've been staying at the Campus Inn on business for over 5 years. At last count, I've stayed 60 nights here. It's predictably good, clean and friendly. If you are looking for a spa treatment, go down the street. If you want value and a good night's sleep, this is the best choice in Eugene. The front desk staff are professionals, and will go out of their way to make you comfortable. The rooms are clean and contemporary. It's central to downtown business and UO. No restaurant on site, but a great Thai restaurant (Sweet Basil) and others are within a couple blocks.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

Christmas Eve. I was down from Portland to spend time with my daughter's family.

As I drove in, I noticed very few cars in the lot.

Not at all crowded.

I checked in, was given the pass key to "my" room.

As I approached the door, I noticed a Do Not Disturb door-hanger.

Hmm, I thought. Maids must have left it.

I put my card in the key lock opened the door and a guy in bed jumped up and said "What?"

I backed out, apologizing and returned to the front desk.

"I'd like a room that is not already occupied."

Some fussing with the computer, a mumbled "... computer problem" and profuse apologies.

I ws handed the card key to another room ("Up-grade for you because of the problem").

I entered room #2 which was ice cold.

"That's OK -- just keeping energy costs down". Moved my things in and went to turn on the lights beside the bed.

Hmmm, nothing.

I walk back over to the front desk and the attendant said she'd be over with new bulbs.

I pulled the chair away from the wall to see if there was a plug not plugged in.

Interesting. A cracked and partially open outlet cover.

The bulbs didn't solve the problem, so into the third room I went.

Overall, this motel presents as worn and tired and not well-maintained. The heater control knob was broken -- I got it turned on, but never figured out how to set it to maintain a standard temperature, so it kept running off and on all night.

The clerk kept apologizing to me for the problem with the guy in the first room, but I kept suggesting that maybe she out to check him out -- maybe he had a coronary or something with a stranger coming into his room.

I think that these old motels close to the University have little incentive to up-date their appearance and attend to customer's needs.

I did make sure that the bolt on my door was used and when I awoke early the next morning I didn't even bother to use the shower -- I just left and headed north.

Randy

• Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown? Share your experiences!