“A Drive through the Hall” 2 of 5 stars

Executive Motel
1040 W. 6th Ave, Eugene, OR 97402   |
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Eugene
Indiana
“A Drive through the Hall”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We went to this Motel after calling to see if they had room and they said yes. When we arrived I was impressed at first because there is a wall around the Motel. We started to check in and they told us that we would have to park our Harley out front and our room would be out back. I told them that was not acceptable I wanted to be able to see our bike, and we would like to unload it which would take three trips to and from the bike. I was then asked if we could drive the motorcycle thru the hallway to get to the room. I asked if they had another way to get to the room and they said yes but they didn't want to open the gate for us to drive in. After some discussion they agreed to open the gate. Then the next morning they didn't want to open the gate and I was questioned as to weather we were staying one night or two. When I told her we were staying two she said she would have to check. We did stay for two nights but the second evening my husband had to maneuver the Harley around trees and through the passageway as the woman working said she didn't have time to open the gate and the passage way would be the only way to get the Harley back there. The next morning there was a car parked where we would have to bring the bike through so she had to open the gate but said she couldn't open it alone and I would have to help. When I mentioned that when I called I had asked for a Queen bed I was told that I got what I paid for and since we had a coupon that took money off the price of the room I got what I paid for. A double bed, with no place to hang our cloths, the mini refrigerator was dirty and setting on the desk, there were cigarette burns on the end table, The curtains hung over the air conditioner when closed so we had to maneuver them up onto the window seal. The towels were so worn out that they didn't dry you off unless you used two. The best thing I can say is that the sheets appeared to be clean. The mattress was wore out. We cut our visit short after the second night and left.

Room Tip: Request a room in the front and on the ground floor if they don't have one go elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I were in Eugene to organize our 26-person camp for Burning Man. We booked a room for a night in order to attend to critical business that we couldn't do at my brother's home due to distraction. We needed the internet to do so, but the internet at Executive is not password protected, so all the neighborhood residents use it. Due to the excessive traffic, pages would continually time out before loading. We literally couldn't even check email. I requested to speak to the manager about this, but he would not make himself available and did not return my repeated requests for a phone call afterwards. The entire reason for our stay was to use the internet for the night. They took our money, not at all concerned that didn't provide what they clearly advertise (internet access). Lousy business practice from a lousy human. Vote with your dollars and don't patronize this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukie, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place is one cut above a "by the hour" motel. While upgrades have been done, the bath tub had not been and the safety strips were black. There was not a security lock on door. Television didn't work. Bed ok. Worried about bed bugs, worried about personal safety. Had booked 2 nights - checked in at about 8:30pm and checked out about 7:30am next morning. Front desk wouldn't entertain the idea of returning 2nd nights payment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here using a coupon, so we weren't expecting too much. The room was ok, no carpet so you could see that the floor was clean. The television was old. The fridge and microwave were useful. Breakfast was very simple but ok.

Room Tip: All about the same I think.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed here for Duck game because EVERY other room in the entire city was booked.

This place COULD be great. They've even added some upgrades. The problem -- poor, scattered management which produces dirty rooms, horrible coordination knowing whether a room has been cleaned or not, and lack of any security enforcement leading to a sketchy experience.

Granted, it's a low-rent place. I don't get grossed out easy. But for a low-rent place, with upgrades, in a decent location (near the now-cool Whitaker neighborhood), they could do so much more -- and it'd just be simple upkeep: new blankets (I'm not just talking worn blankets here -- I'm talking "wow, has that blanket been in a barn for four years with farm animals on it?" disgusting), simply wiping stuff down so it's not sticky, and keeping an eye on guests so the rooms don't all smell like a year-long crack party.

If you're broke and you need to stay here, at least double-check with the staff that your sheets have been washed (I had to check twice, and both times was told "I think we did...").

Pretty easy stuff guys. Otherwise, a pretty depressing, sleep-deprived experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Napa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked two rooms based on the advertisement that stated free breakfast, fridge and microwave in room and a price of $55/night for two double beds in each room. The good: solid flooring instead of carpet meant you could see the floor was relatively clean. The bad: no fridge, no breakfast, no microwave, tiny room, old school TV, dirt and spots and patches all over the walls and ceiling.

Room Tip: If you are just one or two people probably better off sleeping in your car or in the park.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The name "Executive" is misleadingly describing this motel. It is a below average motel. The rooms are rundown, with heavy smoke smell that gave headaches. The floor was uneven, a trip hazard. The parking lot is too small. We were forced to park on the street overnight and have to move our car before 7 am so we don't get ticketed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Executive Motel? Share your experiences!