“Comfortable and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Eugene
Portland, Oregon
“Comfortable and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

My wife and I drove down to Eugene to see a concert. When we got to the hotel, we were greeted at the front desk by the manager, who was very pleasant. Our room was clean and the king-sized bed was comfortable. When booking, I requested a top-floor room away from the elevators and vending machines, and that's what we got.

Breakfast was pretty typical fare - cereal, pastries, French toast sticks, sausage patties, juice, and so on. Simple but good. No complaints here.

Overall, a pleasant stay in a nice hotel.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable room.
  • Disliked — Nothing - it was fine.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bandon, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2008

Nicely appointed Hampton Inn...just as you'd expect. This hotel is comparatively new, so it's got an up-to-date and simple, clean feel to it. Desk staff very friendly and accomodating. If you've been to a Hampton, well, this is the same!

As the other reviews state, it is located in a more industrial part of Eugene, but I find this hotel to be the most convenient for access to the Eugene Airport, which is why I frequent this hotel. If you want to stay in the heart of Eugene, however, this isn't the most convenient, but you're talking only a 5-7 minute drive (whoppee!)

• Liked — Location and clean - close to Eugene airport (I travel out of frequently)
  • Disliked — Area not pretty and 'touristy', though hotel is nice
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

Nothing too exciting about this Hampton Inn. The rooms were clean and average. The breakfast was decent. I really liked the indoor pool. It was great having it near the exercise room. Also there is access ( 100 feet) to a running/biking trail. I didn't utilize it but saw plenty of people running/biking the trail. The staff there was excellent. They called to checkup on my stay several times and were very friendly. Had one issue with my internet and they resolved it immeidately.

Nothing overly special about this hotel, but the staff there is tops!! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

I stayed for 3 days at this hotel and was pretty disappointed considering the hotel ranks #1 in Trip Advisor. First and foremost the location leaves much to be desired. The hotel backs up to a mulch factory which stinks especially first thing in the morning. It actually reminds me of a landfill. There is a Wal-Mart right down the street which is convenient but also gives you an idea for what the surrounding area is like. It is close to the Hynix fab, which may or may not interest you, but it proved convenient for me. I didn't get a chance to explore Eugene much but it gave me the impression that it is a cruddy city although this may not be the case.

I was booked into a smoking room by my travel agency, or so said the front desk staff, but I don't smoke and have never been given a smoking room at any other hotel booked by my agency. The room really, really stunk like stale cigarettes and since there was no more rooms left in the whole place I had to sleep in it for a night. The front desk staff seemed to scoff at my reluctance to stay in their stinky room but they became more empathetic when I asked them if they enjoyed living in stale cigarette smoke. They also offered to give me an ionizer and febreeze the floors and bedspread, which although was nice, did nothing to help eliminate the smell. I checked into a non smoking room the next night which smelled much better but I had to keep the windows open because the a/c didn't work and then the mulch/landfill smell permeated the room.

The rooms are run of the mill chain hotel rooms. Nothing special. They seemed clean but then again that should be a given. Complimentary high speed Wi-Fi was available in the lobby and cat5 wired available in the room. Breakfast was ok with a selection of 3 cereals and a hot dish, usually some kind of scrambled egg. Not very impressed with it although it is more than some hotels provide.

I will be staying in other hotels if I return to Eugene. I hope there is something with a little more going for it.

• Liked — Close to Hynix fab
  • Disliked — Mulch smell
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

We loved our stay here. We moved our kids down for college and worked all day on the house they rented. We were exhausted when we finally checked in. They had our room ready and waiting. Our room requests had been honored. Chocolate chip cookies at the front desk. Breakfast was just great. They call it a hot breakfast. I would say it is a very nice continental. Still plenty to eat. We will be staying here a lot.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
newport, oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

Very clean, good customer service, free parking, hi-speed internet, breakfast included and also a "breakfast on the go" for people who can't eat there (great bag with an apple, a breakfast bar, and water). Easy access to downtown Eugene and the Eugene Airport. It's quiet and the rooms are basic but nice, clean and comfortable. It's hassle-free. There is a Safeway & Fred Meyer nearby as well as a convenience store. I have stayed there twice and will choose it again for future stays in Eugene.

• Liked — clean, has everything I need, close to airport and downtown, free breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing negative to say
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

Close to the Eugene Airport with large rooms, extra comfortable beds with upscale bedding and choices of pillow firmness already on the bed, comfortable chair and ottoman, and a very large and nicely tiled bathroom. Movies on demand and a nice indoor swimming pool. And the staff were exceptionally professional, curteous and ready to offer help.

I was scheduled to stay here only one night but chose to return the night before my flight out because it was such a nice hotel.

It is not near the University of Oregon so if you are looking to stay in town this is not the place. But it is close to the Oregon Lox Company which has excellent fish!!

• Stayed April 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Eugene? Share your experiences!