“Perfect for working and getting errands done.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
ADVANCE PURCHASE
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Eugene
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“Perfect for working and getting errands done.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I frequently travel to Eugene for work and like to take advantage of time in the US to shop for things I can't find at home. This hotel is conveniently located to everything I need, and still close enough to go for a late afternoon walk and get to some less populated spaces to relax. As a member of the HIlton chain, i've come to expect the consistent themed look, so I am not expecting a quaint B&B or ritzy highrise. I like that I can count on quality linens in good shape, firm pillows and mattress, functional coffee, hairdryer, alarmclock, and most important, free wifi in everyroom and a decently-equipped business room to make copies, fax or print documents. The site is always clean, well maintained, and safe.
Staff is welcoming and efficient. The hot breakfasts are less than stellar, but I always eat the fresh fruit and yogurt options anyway. I do see people go nuts over making their own waffles... go figure!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wesley Chapel, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011 via mobile

From the breakfast attendants to the the staff was friendly, attentive and genuinely caring. Brigitte, Bob, Tamara were all very professional and hospitable.

Will stay here every time we are in Eugene.

• Stayed August 2011
Tustin, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

What a terrible experience! We had a ton of guests staying at the hotel because of a 4 day wedding weekend. The hotel itself is rather industrial looking and the rooms are furnished (I had typed "decorated" but then decided that was overstating the facts) in a very spartan manner. Made me feel like we were camping. In addition to the stench so many people have written about, one of the groomsmen's car got broken into in the parking lot. The staff was totally non-responsive about the crime.

We explained to the front desk that the hotel was not what we were accustomed to and would not be staying the night. The front desk manager (Bridget) was nasty and sarcastically said she was sorry it wasn't the 7 or 8 star hotel we must be used to. Although there were empty rooms available (and it's not like they turned away any business because we were there), she insisted she was still going to charge us for the night. We'll see what American Express and Hilton (the parent company) have to say about that.

I asked for the general manager's name and Bridget told me it was "Bob" and refused to give me a last name. Three days later, when I called the hotel directly, a man told me the general manager's name was Cheryl. I asked to speak to the GM because I had a problem at the hotel that weekend and guess who picked up the phone. Bridget. When I asked to speak to the general manager, Bridget told me she would handle things. I refused to speak with her and asked for the general manager to call me. Five hours later, I got a phone call from the hotel and the woman said she was calling for the general manager to find out what the problem was. Sure enough, it was Bridget again. When I insisted on speaking to the GM, Bridget refused to let me speak with her/him. Unbelievable.

The good news is that there are wonderful alternatives in Eugene. We ended up staying at The August House. It's a fabulous bed and breakfast there in Eugene and it is amazing. I did a review on Trip Advisor about it too. Check it out. It's pricier, but well worth it. Whatever you do, stay away (FAR away) from the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

The Hotel was very clean when you walk in and their staff is very friendly. The room was very clean and good size. bathroom was clean also bigger then I thought. I like the location the best. Good complimentary Breakfast.

don't have ice box or microwave .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

This was a great hotel. The beds are very comfortable. Nice clean rooms and great amenities. I liked the use of the computer in the lobby and the morning breakfast. The staff was really nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

After our last horrible stay at the Red Lion in Eugene, we decided to spend a little more for a room as we had to be in town for several days and needed some restful sleep. The Red Lion was $60 per night, whereas we were able to get a room here for $40 more. The parking lot was very spacious and we never had a problem finding a space to park. The hotel lobby was very clean and all of the front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were a little on the small side, but the bathroom was large and the entire room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable, and we slept well the entire trip. The climate control was on the wall rather than on the unit, and it was comfortable enough in the room, though the A/C kicked on pretty regularly to keep the room at a comfortable temp. Otherwise, the room was very quiet. No refrigerator or microwave in this room, but the breakfast was included (had to pay $5 at Red Lion), and was very good. A variety of coffees, creams, teas, etc. are available day and night and the coffee was actually fantastic. Nice pool and fitness room which we did use during the stay. Wished the pool had been an outdoor one so that we could enjoy the weather, but it was nice anyway. The drive to the university isn't too bad (traffic in Eugene is pretty crazy all the time), and I think we were able to arrive in less than 15 minutes. I would probably pay the extra to stay here the next time I come to Eugene.

Room Tip: Regular room prices here are a bit high. Look for discounts and ask for a price match.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Gloucestershire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We didn't expect this hotel to be exciting, and it wasn't, but our king-bed rooms were big and quiet and the beds themselves very comfortable. We've stayed at Hampton Inns before, knew what to expect and this property conformed to the chain's usual standard. We had been unable to book a central hotel due a big sporting event being held at the University and so had been a little worried because the Hampton Inn is on the western edge of the city, but we found Eugene was indeed a "boring town" (as one resident confessed!), and so the hotel proved to be a good base to explore the lovely countryside in the area!

What made this hotel stand out for us was the extremely friendly and helpful staff - both on the desk and at breakfast. We were made to feel welcome and treated as valued customers. The only downside was that the hotel is near a composting plant--not a problem in itself, but the "agricultural" smell did permeate the hotel's public areas in the morning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Eugene? Share your experiences!