“Incredible Variety of Aircraft on Display” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 88 things to do in Eugene
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum showcases experimental aircraft.
Las Vegas, Nevada
41 attraction reviews
“Incredible Variety of Aircraft on Display”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I wend to the Oregon Air and Space Museum on the recommendation of a friend who lives in Salem, OR. We were not disappointed. The variety of the items in the Air museum was incredible - from early aircraft to modern-day military aircraft. The docents were informative and while speaking to one, I found out he was retired military and volunteers to work in the museum to keep costs down. He had incredible sense of humor and was informative about the displays in the museum. We even got to see the Gray Goose.
The other building house the Space displays. We had just visited Kennedy Space Center in December 2011 and wondered how redundant it would be - IT WASN'T at all. There was a display chronicling the space race between USSR and the USA. Really interesting information. Again, the docents were informative and readily answered questions.
There is a third part - we didn't go to see it - it was a water park (I think.)

Visited July 2012

Beaverton, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“Vintage planes resored to perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Restored aircraft, indoor museum, good food, and a wine bar. Docents to show you around, good videos of the various aircraft history.

Visited March 2012
Eugene, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
“Fascinating...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I am a frequent visitor to this museum; some displays remain the same, while others change, so there is always plenty to see. Conversations with the volunteers are informative and fun; they are enthusiastic and knowledgeable. The displays are wonderfully laid out; the exhibits and pictures are well-marked, and the planes are wonderful!

Visited April 2012
Roseburg, Oregon
“Great place to spend a few hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Very friendly and knowledgeable volunteer run museum. We got a private tour and were able to ask a ton of questions and learn a lot. Very cool collection of model aircraft. Lots of information on WWII aces with lots of memorabilia. Many great aircraft, engines, etc. Nice display of space items too! My 10 year old son and my wife loved it, as did I.

Visited May 2012
Eugene, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
“Lots to see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband works with plane and helicopters. We were here for an entire day. It was fun for me too, but for him it was heaven. There is so much to see and read about, it can be overwhelming. I might suggest a two day trip if you're an avid aviation fan.

Visited May 2011

Been to Oregon Air and Space Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Oregon Air and Space Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.