“Far better than I expected.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #223 of 532 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Gig Harbor, WA
“Far better than I expected.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Very kid-friendly staff: an elderly Asian couple were delighted with our 2-year-old son/ The restaurant was quiet and not very busy (we were there early) which was great as it was not as stiumulating as some restarants are for our son.

The food was DELICIOUS. We order teriyaki salmon, Koren beef and a side of potstickers and it came with soup salad appetizers and rice, and we were quite full by the time we were done.

Right across the street from our hotel.

The kimchee was wonderful according to my husband who loves the stuff. The salmon was moist and not overcooked, and the sauce was tasty. i would definitely eat there again.

Restaurant has it's own parking lot but you can only enter it and exit it in one direction. We just walked to it via the crosswalks as traffic was too bust to dash across the street.

Visited February 2012

Corvallis, Oregon
“Really good & spicy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

While visiting Eugene, we were going to have Chinese food, but after reading reviews, we decided to have Korean instead. I don't think I've ever had Korean food, but it's now one of my favorites. We had the Spicy Chicken Bowl for less than $8. It had thin strips of chicken on a bed of cabbage in a spicy red sauce and is served with a sticky rice and sides of kimchi. While the outside of the restaurant isn't very inviting, the inside is decorated in a simple, but attractive way. The gentleman who served us was courteous and seemed to appreciate our business. We plan to return the next time we're in Eugene.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ireland
“Doesn't look much but good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Ate here while staying locally and it is well worth a visit. It appears to be run by a family and the food was excellent. I didn't leave hungry as the portions were big. The decor isn;t up to much but it's nice food and very reasonably priced. If your in the area well worth a visit.

• Visited December 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arizona
“This should be a local's secret...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We stayed at the Broadway Inn across the street. I'd seen some favorable reviews on Yelp and figured we'd give this place a try, mostly because it was close. Our first try was on Saturday night, when they were inexplicably closed. A little bit of research shows that that's they're one off day. So, we tried again on Sunday night. I am so glad we did. Everything was amazingly tasty and very affordable. Their dinner option comes with salad, miso soup, tempura shrimp and veggies, one gyoza, steamed rice, plus your entree, all for under $15. I got the bbq ribs and the husband got the sliced rib eye. Both very, very tasty. We also got a few appetizers, the egg rolls and the deep fried tofu. Very tasty, both of them.

If I had to not like one thing, it was that there was definitely a language barrier. I tried to ask if their tempura batter was traditional with only rice flour, or if it had wheat flour in it, and I only got a shrug and a pantomime for "deep fried". I didn't push it, and things were fine anyway. In any event, the hosts were gracious and kind and the meal was quite satisfying.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bonanza, Oregon
“GOOD food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Great place to eat; food is really good and it is a great value.