“Enjoyed the stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Enjoyed the stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The hotel was beautiful, although built in the 70's the rooms have been updated and the stay was nice. Although they say you can only get free wifi in the lobby and business area this isn't really true. The signal carries to all floors which was nice. The gym was enormous and had good quality new precor equipment and lots of it!!! it was the nicest gym facility in a hotel that I have ever seen! the pool is nice, but not overly impressive and the hot tub although outside and quaint was not HOT by any means :( don't both with trying it. The staff were very friendly and helpful and when we had troubles with our shower water temperature (which actually had a plumbing problem and had to switch rooms) the staff were so nice and gave us free buffet breakfast vouchers for the inconvenience of having to change rooms. Skinners where the breakfast vouchers were for was delicious. Some items weren't great but overall it was quite delicious. I was really impressed with the staff and would go again because they made the experience the friendly staff was a nice mix of younger folks and older folks and plenty of them which makes the readily available which is a nice change from most hotels.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, January 7, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our gym, it does have alot of nice Precor equipment to enjoy. I am sorry to hear that the hot tub wasn't very hot, I will have our Maintenance Staff address that. Just like at home we too from time to time have plumbing problems, but I am glad to hear that the staff was friendly and helpfull during your move. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, as our Chef has put alot of effort in creating a good variety of healthy options that are locally grown, and we do recieve many great comments about our food.

Having great Staff is the key to a successfull Hotel. To feel welcome and taken care of, is very important when traveling away from the comfort of your home. Our mission is to be your home away from home. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will join us again in the near future.

434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I'm only giving it 4 stars because both my rooms were upgraded to a Jr.suite because I was a gold member and the hotel was empty. No real change since my other two visits. The rooms are older and dated as usual. The food quality is still average and the front desk people are very friendly still. The one change I saw is they raised the parking rate to $15/night. I think this is very high for a city the size of Eugene. This isn't a major size city or Las Vegas. I don't care if other businesses are charging this rate or not. Before this I stayed at the new Hilton Garden inn and it may be a better value even though it's not located down town. I can't complain about the service of this hotel but it needs remodeling. Also don't bother eating breakfast at the buffet within an hour of them closing it down because the food has been setting and is gross. If you like cereal or fresh fruit then this won't be a problem. Just order off the menu if you come in late.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns and improve our hotel as a result. I am glad that you found the Front Desk staff to be friendly and they were able to upgrade you. Please know that we do offer several room packages that include internet and parking, and can be a better value if bundled.

I am sorry that the breakfast buffet did not meet or exceed your expectations, I agree that buffet food that has been sitting a while is not very appealing and I will bring this to our Chefs attention to address immediately.Thank you for your comments as it helps us to better our hotel.

Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This Hilton was a typical experience.The breakfast buffet is fantastic. Lots of fresh fruit and other delicious selections for both vegetarians and meat eaters. The staff were all very polite. There is a nice big lobby area which was great to let our toddler run off steam.
I agree with other reviewers that the walls are thin. We thought the room was great until we got neighbors on the third night. We could even hear the hangers being hung in their closets. We were on the side of the hotel where we could see Umpqua Bank from the window and from 10-2:00 am on the weekends the noise from the bars was terrible.
We loved that there were two sinks, one not in the bathroom. That was wonderful.
Parking is quite expensive for the location.
But, this is a typical Hilton experience. Nice people and average hotel rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, December 31, 2011
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet, our Chef has been working very hard to add a great variety of fresh options to our buffet. I also agree with your comment regarding our Staff. I am sorry that you could hear the neighbors and that the bar across the street was loud. I appreciate you letting us know, that way we can call the bar manager and ask them to keep the noise down.

Next time you stay you might want to look at some of the packages we have online that include parking, internet and breakfast as they are a great value, and when bundled together can save some money.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and please feel free to call me directly with any future needs, or questions.

Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

While the service was quite good during the check-in process, I was not impressed with much else at the Eugene Hilton.
Unfortunately this hotel is in need of some serious updating and thorough cleaning. Let me start with a list of things that would persuade me to look for a different hotel before choosing this one:
- room doors slam shut each and every time a guest opens their door...causing a loud crash
- room walls are paper thin and we could hear the guests entire conversations from midnight until 4:00am (not acceptable...you will not sleep comfortably here with banging doors and loud conversations in the next room)
- bathtub hand rail was broken from the wall, big crack on the wall and didn't feel secure
- heated pool is not really heated, more just lukewarm and not at all inviting
- hot tub was closed for repair, though I learned it had been closed for weeks
- parking is $15, yes $15 for Eugene!! Ridiculously overpriced - i would have paid $8-10 but not $15 for parking myself in this poorly lit and crowded garage.
- THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO HOT WATER, NONE!! When checking out, the front desk staff about my stay...I mentioned not having any hot water and they seemed to think that "well, a boiler went out early in the morning but you could go back to your room and try now...there might be a little hot water". Are you kidding me??!

- the real clincher for writing this review? Just an overall poor experience and I want others to know there are many other better hotels to stay in Eugene that are better.

Room Tip: Ask for something higher up and on the south side of the building
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Dear OregonDelight,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear the service was good during the checkin process. I am sorry that the doors shut loudly, our Owners are preparing to replace all of the guest room doors in the next year and this should definately make the rooms quieter. I also apologize for the broken hand rail and hope that you reported it so we could have it repaired. The pool is heated to 82 degrees which is heated but still refreshing to get in for a swim. We did have a underground leak in the outdoor hot tub, but has now been repaired.

We do have several room packages available that include breakfast, internet and parking in the room rate and they can provide a better value than just booking the room. I am sorry that the Hot water went out while you were here, this is the first time in the year I have worked here, that this has happened and hopefully the last. We have installed a new steam generation plant that should give our Hotel ample hot water for all Guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to further discuss your stay.

- hot tub was closed for repair, though I learned it had been closed for weeks

Washougal, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

My girlfriend, who lives in southern Oregon and I, I live in southern Washington, meet in Eugene every December to get together to do our Christmas shopping. We have been very successful using priceline.com and usually stay at the Red Lion. This time we stayed at the Eugene Hilton and were very excited until we arrived and were told parking was an extra $15 per night per car!!! They did only charge us for one car but an extra $30 kind of defeats the purpose of using priceline.com. Also internet usage is an extra $10 per night. Our coffee pot did not work and there was no fan in the bathroom. We were happy with the location and the rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. Hopefully next year we stay at the Red Lion!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am glad to here that you liked the location, the room was clean and you thought the bed was comfortable. I am sorry that the coffee maker was not working and hopefully we sent you up a new one while you were here.

We do offer several room packages that include breakfast, parking and internet in the rate. These packages offer a great value and can be seen by going to the hotel web site. Again, thank you for your thoughts about your recent stay. I am always available to discuss your stay further and can be reached through the hotel's direct phone number.

oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011 via mobile

We had a great time, and enjoyed the Eugene Hilton. My only constructive feedback is the walls have no insulation so you hear people in the hallways and even talking in rooms next door. I turned the fan on low to drowned out noise, but should have used medium. The pool needs some updating and more spectator seating. Other than that, great experience.

• Stayed November 2011
HotelManagerEugene, Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed the Hilton Eugene.

I am sorry that you could hear others in the hallways and next door, our owners are in the process of some capital improvements which includes all new Guestroom doors and should definately help with sound.We are also looking into our options to add activities and media to the pool area.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay, I'm glad that you had a great experience, and we look forward to you joining us again next time you are in Eugene.
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks on my business trip to Eugene. It is a decent hotel with good service. The presence of the Hult centre next door is an added attraction. Check is was easy and the people were courteous. A fridge and microwave was installed on request considering my extended stay. Room service was prompt. Overall it was a nice experience with very little hassles. It has a good location within easy access to a lot of restaurants along 5th street.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Two weeks is a long time to be away from home, I am glad that you had a nice experience with us.

It is very convenient for us being next to the Hult and we have many Guests that stay with us while attending one of their venues. It is good to hear that check-in was easy and the people were courteous as we do pride ourselves on our service. We do indeed have fridges and microwaves available upon request and are happy to deliver them to our Guests.

I think we have one of the best Roomservice departments in the Hilton brand and it shows by the Guest comment cards we recieve through Hilton Members, and yes there are alot of restaurants along 5th street, I hope you had the opportunity to try ours, as it is one of the best in town.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Been to Hilton Eugene? Share your experiences!