While the service was quite good during the check-in process, I was not impressed with much else at the Eugene Hilton.
Unfortunately this hotel is in need of some serious updating and thorough cleaning. Let me start with a list of things that would persuade me to look for a different hotel before choosing this one:
- room doors slam shut each and every time a guest opens their door...causing a loud crash
- room walls are paper thin and we could hear the guests entire conversations from midnight until 4:00am (not acceptable...you will not sleep comfortably here with banging doors and loud conversations in the next room)
- bathtub hand rail was broken from the wall, big crack on the wall and didn't feel secure
- heated pool is not really heated, more just lukewarm and not at all inviting
- hot tub was closed for repair, though I learned it had been closed for weeks
- parking is $15, yes $15 for Eugene!! Ridiculously overpriced - i would have paid $8-10 but not $15 for parking myself in this poorly lit and crowded garage.
- THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO HOT WATER, NONE!! When checking out, the front desk staff about my stay...I mentioned not having any hot water and they seemed to think that "well, a boiler went out early in the morning but you could go back to your room and try now...there might be a little hot water". Are you kidding me??!
- the real clincher for writing this review? Just an overall poor experience and I want others to know there are many other better hotels to stay in Eugene that are better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Eugene stands in the heart of downtown Eugene, Oregon. Recent renovations transformed our guest rooms, lounge area, fitness center and exclusive Executive Level. Located just two blocks from the Amtrak station and offering complimentary airport shuttle transportation to the Eugene airport, the hotel is easily accessible. With proximity to the University of Oregon campus, Hilton Eugene is a great choice for hotels near Autzen Stadium, Hayward Field and Matthew Knight Arena. Situated in the city’s art and entertainment district, the hotel is close to many things to do in Eugene with ease such as shopping, dining and visiting local businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Eugene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Eugene Hotel Eugene
- Hilton Eugene And Conference Center
- Eugene Hilton