“Rented their Cabin for Month, Incredibly Inspiring Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barking Mad Farm & Country B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Enterprise
Barking Mad Farm & Country B&B
You added Barking Mad Farm & Country B&B to your Saves list
65156 Powers Road, Enterprise, OR 97828   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Enterprise B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Rented their Cabin for Month, Incredibly Inspiring Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was able to rent their cabin at Tumbledown for a month this autumn while working on some photography and writing projects. It was absolutely fantastic. The location is ideal (close enough to town for necessities but far enough away to hear the owls and coyotes at night). The cabin itself is much bigger than it looks in the pictures. The kitchenette met all of my needs, as did the nice bathtub/shower and stackable washer/dryer. The wifi was fast enough for email and web surfing, and I was able to stream a few things on netflix with only a wee bit of buffering in the cloudiest weather. The living room chairs were super ergonomic comfy, and the day bed window seat was a great place to watch the sunrise, sunset, raptors flying about, etc. The bed was a nice firm pillow-top with a great assortment of pillows, high quality sheets, and a nice down comforter. The heating system was great, and I had nights in the teens with high winds, but the heat kept up and the gas fireplace made for an unbeatably cozy ambience. I had everything I needed to be happy and comfortable for a month on the prairie with views of the Wallowas. The owners called a couple of times to make sure I had everything I needed, and they even had me over for Thanksgiving dinner since I was out there by myself for the holidays. I couldn't have been more inspired or well taken care of. I highly recommend the place for a writer's retreat or honeymoon. It's just a magical location and very lovely cabin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We are so glad we found this perfect place to unwind, where we stayed Memorial Day Weekend 2012. We had the Seven Devils Suite - a great upstairs space next to the main house. Diana and Hunter are amazing hosts, the breakfasts were magnificent, and the setting is unbeatable if you are looking for relaxation away from the crowds and noise. Views of farmland, mountains and a buffalo herd made our evening walks something to remember. And a very special treat was being able to bring Bailey the dog, who really loved the horses and donkeys. We hope to return soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My fiance and I first came to Barking Mad Farm 4 years ago on a trip through the Palouse and Hells Canyon. We had read about the Wallowas in an outdoor travel magazine and made it our last stop of the trip. We have a Blue Heeler, so we needed a place where they accepted dogs. We found BMF on line, and it was the find of the century! Diana and Hunter are exceptionally gracious, tolerant, and a total riot! We've been back now 4 times, and the most enjoyable part of the experience besides the awesome accommodations, the views, the fire pit, and the food, are the morning breakfasts on the deck with Diana and Hunter (and Peanut), in playful conversation.

As a bonus, Diana does some amazing photography of your pet, and puts it into a format that looks like an oil painting. I have lots of purchases from her, and will probably have more in the future. They also have great suggestions for places to check out in the area to include local restaurants, breweries, and hiking trails, and really seem to have their finger on the pulse of the area.

We've made friends in Diana and Hunter, and will be back in 2013 to get married at their new location they call Tumbledown. I've asked Diana to photograph our wedding, which will make it extra special. Trust me when I say you cannot go wrong choosing Barking Mad Farm.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Our experience of Barking Mad Farm & Country B&B was memorable in the best of ways: basking in the warmth and graciousness of our hosts, sitting by the fireplace with them on a rainy evening sharing a little about our lives with each other; taking in a bucolic landscape populated by horses, dogs, goats and many stories; a breakfast of superior quality and freshness. If it hadn't been raining continuously we would have stayed longer and certainly intend to go back. .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Once your mind is cleared with the gorgeous drive up the Gorge and then across the Hells Canyon Scenic Byway, you divert a quarter mile off Route 82, drive up a country lane, passing horses and seeing the Wallowas to your right and purple mountain's majesty on the plains to your left, you park and settle in to your little moments of heaven on the farm.

There isn't much that I can say that hasn't been said in the other reviews.

- The home is beautiful and welcoming.
- Our room, the Buffalo Suite, couldn't have been better suited to my college aged son and me.
- The bed was super comfy made even more delightful with the cool fresh country air flowing in the window.
- Diana and Hunter are really interesting people.
- We made new friends and went hiking with them after breakfast. We're now in touch afterwards.
- My dog was welcome and enjoyed himself immensely hanging on the porch and going to meet horses on the other side of the field where dogs can roam.
- Get up before the sun and watch the sun "come down" on the Wallowas...hear the birds who have congregated nearby. And then go get your coffee the moment the sun hits the red barn.
- Bonfire in the morning with coffee. Nice touch, Hunter.
- Breakfasts are delicious and bountiful.
- Brewpubs: We thought the service and food at Mutiny in Joseph was better than Terminal Gravity in Enterprise. So did some of the other guests. While Hunter and Diana will give dining recommendations, there isn't a lot to choose from. (Most were closed on a Sunday over the Labor Day holiday weekend. Tourists aren't really the first order of business in the Joseph region, but you'll be amply satisfied by the natural beauty of the area, and Diana and Hunter's hospitality.)

We will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I planned this trip at the last minute not knowing what to expect and had a wonderful time. The setting was beautiful if you're into lush fields, running buffalo, mountains and breathtaking sunsets. The hosts were helpful and friendly, we spent hours chatting on their wrap-around porch after breakfast and after our day hikes. Breakfast was lovely both mornings - crepes and french toast accompanied with fruit and yogurt. Henry, our dog, was welcomed and spent his time at the farm resting in the sun with his new furry friends, Queenie and Peanut. Put this place on your bucket list!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Huckleberry crepes. I shouldn't have to say anything more, but there's also the spectacular views, sage and tactful advice on what to see and the best way to see it, lovely rooms, and (importantly for people like my spouse) proximity to the Terminal Velocity brewpub. Also yummy eggy things in ramekins, homemade granola, Hermiston melons and excellent coffee. I generally don't even like B&Bs, to be honest, but this one had all the best stuff of B&Bs, and none of the worst.

Did I mention the crepes?

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Barking Mad Farm & Country B&B? Share your experiences!