“Had the Lunch special.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Nashville, Tennessee
“Had the Lunch special.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife had the prime rib sandwich and said it was very good!!! I had the brats which were good.....only wished I had ordered the prime rib sandwich tho.

Visited July 2012

Sisters, Oregon, United States
“Best breakfast in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you are there in winter, make sure you call the day before to see if they will be open the next morning. The owner/chef is also the local basketball coach and he goes out of town for away games!

Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Missing in Action”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

In the past, it was a great experience (see my review, below) bu this time...they REALLY let us down. During the last few months, I placed numerous phone calls to book our group for both dinner and breakfasts. We arrived and found the door open, the lights off...and no one at home. A friend of the owner stopped by as we were gathered outside the door, he called the Lears and advised,"Oh, the Lears are in Texas." Since the owner knew we were at the restaurant, do you think he ever contacted us to make alternative arrangements? Nope, not a word. EPIC fail!

• Visited September 2012
Learspubandgrill, Owner at Lear's Pub & Grill, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I have two responses to the review.

#1 The client never returned or acknowledged the consent form that was emailed to him on two occasions . We had several phone calls to discuss pertinent information such as price, menu special meals etc. Each conversation I requested a confirmation via email. I never received a confirmation. On three occasions I have made exceptions to the confirmation rule and each time the event did not happen or a problem arose.
#2 September 19, 2013 my father passed away and I was called to Texas to begin the process.

I truly apologize for the bad experience and using hind sight I would have pushed harder for a confirmation.

Steve Lear
Milwaukie, Oregon
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The menu is limited. And prices are spendy. Maybe good quality food, but they tend to ignore out of towners and take care of their own. Did not feel very welcome. Will not go again.

Visited September 2012
Heathsville, Virginia
“A gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a fun place -- in the middle of a small town -- and the food is excellent. The owner/chef is charmingly eccentric. I had the Asian salad, my husband had the 8 oz sirloin - with a wonderful salad. Both were washed down with beer from the local brewery.

Visited May 2012