“Horrible service,dirty rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Diamond Lake
Diamond Lake Resort
You added Diamond Lake Resort to your Saves list
350 Resort Drive, Diamond Lake, OR   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Diamond Lake
silverton
“Horrible service,dirty rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

Behind the door of our room was a cup with cigarrett butts in it and our room was supposed to be non smoking, the paint was falling off in the shower, the lady at the front desk was rude, other guest staying there were riding their snowmobiles around the hotel until 3 am and then sat outside talking,any problem or question you had was "just too bad" the only thing that was decent was one of the ladys in the cafe she was nice and the food was actually decent though the place did look scary at first

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

What a beautiful location! We were there on a family reunion, and some of us had cabins that have not been changed since the 1960's (we were afraid to walk around in our socks, that's how bad the carpet was, along with moldy tile in the bathrooms!!); while other members had remodeled rooms/cabins. These were updated with the most modern amenities (wood floors, new carpet, new appliances, furniture, etc...) and were SOOOOO much more worth it than our old units. It is such a beautiful place in Oregon, and I hope that the owners remodel all the units before people get the word that it is not worth it to stay here!

• Liked — The view and lake
  • Disliked — The outdated, old rooms and units.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
N Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2008

The resort is a bit worn out and overpriced. Not happy about the room with regard to towels etc. These are just delivered in a bag every day. Food average and the price for the accomodation is a bit high. I like it because it has a rather old fashioned feel about it - a bit like going back in time 25 years. I just wish the price was commensurate with that....

• Liked — The gas stove
  • Disliked — It was a bit worn out
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Derby, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

I just stayed at Diamond Lake Resort with a group for the second time and really enjoyed it. It's in a fantastic location, the staff are very friendly and welcoming, and the food is good. We stayed in the motel rooms, which are clean, slightly dated, but everything works, and there is everything you need apart from a phone. If you are used to staying in budget motels you'll find the rooms similar - apart from the amazing scenery outside (and from the restaurant). The price is reasonable for the location, and it's very convenient for Crater Lake National Park.

I don't know what all these miserable reviewers are complaining about. Some of them need to get back to Holiday Inn in the big city! One person complained about midges - you went to a lake, in the forest, in summer. That's how nature works! It's not for the hotel staff to warn you of these things - you just need some common sense and basic general knowledge!

• Liked — The scenery
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
kimreview
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

We started our week vacation with Crater Lake, then off to Wild Life Safari, Red Woods, Gold Beach, Newport, then home. I looked into alternate lodging at the Crater Lake location to save money. Diamond Lake Resort is close and about $50 cheaper than staying at Crater Lake Lodge.......I called and spoke to the gentleman on the phone who was very cheerful and nice. I paid for the first night over the phone. I called back a few days later saying we may stay another night, but he said we could just pay for that when we got there. Thank GOD!
We arrive in the 95 degree weather. Walk into our room which was the ugliest room I have ever stayed in. It was dank smelling,very hot since it was on the 2nd floor, but looked clean. The room was covered with very old paneling, carpet and very old bedspreads that I immediatly pulled down so I wouldn't touch them. The room had NO air conditioning or fans. We noticed when we were leaving that the first floor rooms had window unit air conditioners.......why they don't all have them, I'll never know.
We still had good attitudes thinking that it would cool quickly being in the mountains and all. We are sadly wrong. There was NO air movement at all. Our neighbors were partying loudly til at least 1:00am. The walls were paper thin allowing you to hear EVERYTHING! I would have called the office, but there were no phones in the room. At 5:30am a high pitched alarm goes off which is then followed by a fire alarm. At 6:00 am the food delivery truck shows up making all kinds of racket. We had planned on staying two nights so we could enjoy Crater Lake. There was NO WAY we were going to stay one more minute in that place. I was pleasent when I went to the office to explain that we would be leaving.......I wasn't sure if I had been charged for my 2nd night..........I was thrilled to learn that I hadn't. So I politely asked if there was a penalty, which I was willing to pay.........the gal slapped my reciept down on the desk and said I was all paid up as she turned around and walked off.
This hotel is over priced, plain and simple. It's too bad. It's a beautiful location.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the room, noise, price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lincoln City, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

We reserved a room at the Diamond Lake Resort because there were no rooms within Crater Lake National Park, and it seemed like this was the closest lodging to the park.

I e-mailed this facility and was told, via e-mail, that there was only one small room left. So, I telephoned immediately and was told that there were many different types of rooms available. I reserved a housekeeping studio, at the rate of $99 per night. I had to pay for the first, of two, nights when making the reservation.

We arrived much earlier than planned - 11:00 A.M. Check-in time was 4:00 P.M. My husband inquired as to whether it might be possible to check in earlier, and the desk agent was rather curt and didn't have a clue. Do not expect the Nordstrom standard of customer service.

We spent the day at Crater Lake and returned to check-in around 5:00 P.M. The folks at the desk were quite nice and accommodating.

We went to our room which had a combination of old asphalt and gravel in front of it. I had no high expectations of the room. In fact, it was just what I expected.

The next day, we rented bicycles to ride around the lake. It is a wonderful trail that goes near the lake and into the forest. However, at no time did anyone warn us about the bugs. They are called midges, and there are not millions, but billions, of them. We rode through "walls of bugs." It was a nightmare.

I am not typically bothered by bugs, but this experience was over the top. I would NEVER return to this place in the summer. It is incumbent of the staff to let people know about this problem. There were spiders in our room, but these bad boys did not hold a candle to the billions of midges.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — BUGS and staff attitude
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

A review for the Resort.... for the high Price of $209 per night we expected much more than a old, leaky,outdated cabin duplex. The stove did not work, the very thin windows leaked and dripped down the walls. The hot water heater is shared between units, so we had to take very short showers. The pathways were icy and should have been salted for safety. We tried to talk to the employees at the front desk but they were very "busy" and quite rude. We will never return this lodge - but hope to find a resort around diamond lake because the beauty is breathtaking.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything was unexceptable.....
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Diamond Lake Resort? Share your experiences!