“Cute, clean little Motor Court” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trollers Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Depoe Bay
Trollers Lodge
You added Trollers Lodge to your Saves list
355 SW Hwy 101, W side of 101 At Graham St., Depoe Bay, OR 97341   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Depoe Bay B&B and Inns
Portland
“Cute, clean little Motor Court”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a neat as a pin older motor court- The rooms have cute decorations that I think are made on site. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The kitchenette was well stocked but there's only a Microwave to cook with.
The best thing was the walk out the back to a near by bench over looking the harbor entrance. The was a pod of Grey Whales gamboling there and we watched them for hours. You could easiliy see them there without binoculars. I'd say late afternoon would be the best time to look.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the wonderful accommodations. The house was just perfect! The views from the many windows were spectacular. We could enjoy our coffee and gaze out at the ocean in the comfortable reclining chairs. The kitchen even had a view. All the rooms were nicely decorated. We definitely would stay here again.

Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Gardner house, and while pricey the access to the views and sounds of the surf were priceless. It was an absolute pleasure to watch the fishing fleet leaving the harbor every morning, the crashing of the waves, and the whales feeding in the bay. The house was remarkably comfortable, having recliners and a large couch. Everything was clean and accommodating, even for our dog. Will definitely do this place again!!

• Stayed September 2013
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I made reservations with Rick by phone. He told me that I would be charged $25 for the deposit and that they had a 72 hour cancellation. We called to cancel more than 72 hours in advance. They charged me $25 per day for a total of $75! When I protested they told me that their policy for cancellation is on the internet website. Duh....I didn't make reservations on line. They were rude to me and hung up on me. Please don't stay here. They won't help you if there is an issue. Rude..rude. rude

Stayed September 2013
Trollerslodge, Owner at Trollers Lodge, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
this is on our website & is explained to each guest when making a reservation. CANCELLATION POLICY:

Reservations made within 72 hours of arrival are charged the full amount in advance. No refunds.

For reservations made more than 72 hours in advance of arrival, a non-refundable deposit is required. We apply that deposit to your balance on arrival.

If you cancel, we keep the deposit as a service charge for cancelling.

If you give us less than 72 hours notice you are charged for the entire stay.

Deposit amount:

Trollers Lodge rooms and suites: $25 per night reserved
Oceanfront homes: $50 per night reserved
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We loved the location and the room appeared clean until mice started showing up! The first one ran by my feet in the kitchen. The other two ran across the floor in the living room. I called management and he said I must have left the door open and let them in, no refund on any of the $175 a night for two nights, plus AFTER we leave he will exterminate! No wonder they asked for full payment up front and for two nights! Rude and unprofessional!!

• Stayed August 2013
Trollerslodge, Owner at Trollers Lodge, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
This guest was in a ground-floor apt. in an oceanfront house that we have managed for over 14 years. This is the first time anyone has claimed to see mice. The guest's request was for an immediate discount at 10PM on the 2nd night of their stay because they saw one mouse.
They did not request a different place to spend the night., just demanded a discount or would post a bad review.
After they left yesterday morning we put traps and bait in the apt. and adjacent garage and boiler room. We have found no evidence of rodent droppings and still no mice in the traps.
Oakland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a great little hotel! We knew about it from an earlier visit with family who stayed here so when we needed a place to stay with relatives visiting from CO, this was an easy choice. It is a very good value. Very nicely furnished kitchenette. More space than we expected (#10 facing west). Comfortable beds - everything you need. Bathroom was small, but not a problem for us. Great place to stay with a dog. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: West side room was great for dog walking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Carson City, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed 1 night in mid June 2013. We paid for the night at the desk when we checked in ($73.10) and left at 6:00 am the next morning. After we returned home, I checked my credit card account on line, and noticed that I had an extra charge for $25.00 dated the day before we got there and checked in. I called Trollers Lodge, and they stated that the nightly rate was $98.10. I filed a claim with my credit card company, and the $25.00 was credited back on my credit card. The room was small and clean and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Trollerslodge, Owner at Trollers Lodge, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I wish this guest had just called and asked about the charge.
As far as I can tell, we charged his card a $25 deposit on 6/15 when he called to reserve the room, then charged the balance of $73.10 on arrival on 6/16. That makes a total of $98.10 which is correct.
Suite # 5 is $90 plus $8.10 tax. The registration # 34123 for Hank S. from Nevada shows this information. The first I heard of a problem was the credit card processor's letter which required an answer the day after I received it. There was not enough information to determine which guest had a problem, so I let it go.
Unless we charged him two $25 deposits, I am out the $25 he disputed.
If we inadvertently charged him two $25 deposits, i apologize, but I am not seeing that. It looks more like he got a $25 discount.

Been to Trollers Lodge? Share your experiences!