“Quiet Get Away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Lights Inn

You added Harbor Lights Inn to your Saves list
Harbor Lights Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   235 SE Bayview, PO Box 249, Depoe Bay, OR 97341   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Depoe Bay B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Quiet Get Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I purchased one nights stay through living social. I was told I needed to.upgrade to another room in order to.bring my dog, which was another $40.00. I was warmly welcomed by the owner and his dogs and cat. My room was on the bottom floor with a view of the little harbor. This is like a B&B, great breakfast served in the morning. Movies and books to borrow. The best part was the bed, fitted bottom sheets Woohoo. And a great down comforter. I enjoyed myself so.much I stayed another night just to sleep in that bed again. Great owners only bad part was the smell of cigarette smoke that sometimes was in the hallway. Definately would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tigard, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I purchased a deal through Living Social for a night at the Harbor Lights Inn. We'd never stayed there before, but after checking the web site it looked very nice. We arrived around 4:00pm and Ben (one of the owners) greeted us and gave us a tour of the facilities. There was some sherry in the room and chocolates to enjoy. The king size bed was so comfortable and the room so quiet I slept until about 8:30 (at home I'm routinely up by 6:30). After getting up we made our way down to the dining room where we were given the choice of a Denver omelette or an Italian frittata. My wife and I both opted for the omelette and it was delicious. We chatted with Bob & Beni (owners) about some of the plans they have for the place and visited with their cat and dog. They were extremely friendly and accommodating.

I really only have one minor complaint; when showering the water temperature fluctuated quite a bit and I had to adjust it a number of times to keep it stable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shelburne, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Steep steps to climb or descend in this three level inn. Not much to do here, but the rooms are clean, comfortable and roomy.
Nature path near the Inn.
Choice of king of queen beds with considerable price adder for king. Our friends also stayed on upper floor. The real nice thing about this place is the cooked-to-order breakfast which is included in the room rate. Friendly owner/inn keeper. The inn keeper recommended we dine at Tidal Raves nearby, and this was an outstanding choice!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Gresham, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

ok I must admit i was a little hesitant at first to stay here due to some of the reviews. But I found this to be a verry delightfull place ! I brought my wife here for 3 nights we found our room to be verry nice and comfortable and the owners Bob and Beni are a jewel in themselves!!! they are new owners and are pretty much a one man and woman show Bob cooks breakfast every morning and we were never dissapointed! It was always excelant! some of the reviewers said that after 6.00pm BOBand Beni dissapeared! well duh!!! they have a lot to do and if you have ever stayed at a bnb you know its a bed and breakfast not a im at your beck and call not fair for whoever said that in there review I almost missed out on a wonderfull experience because of someones negatievity,as new owners Bob and Beni seem to be making some wonderfull changes to this great place althoe for some its not fast enough!!! thats sad as all we had was an awsome experience and loved the fact that we were made to feel at home and were treated like family! sure the inn keepers are not around all the time, but hey do you stay at your job 24/7 I give them a 10 for making it work I will be back again and again as I understand that the world does not revolve around me ,and well things happen that we have no controle over! so we need to lern to take life as it comes its really sad that I almost let a few nay sayers keep me fom a truly awsome birthday wkend for my wife so in closing i want to incourage annyone thinking about this place to go for it make the best of it and you will have a great time!!!as far as the walls being to thin this was not a problem for us we have been on cruise ships with thiner walls and we have servived sorry that some folks have seriouse entitlement isues that that they cant get over themselves and enjoy whats in front of them... Beni and Bob we love you and we will be back!!! Dan and Cathe

Room Tip: room 104 on lower floor we had a door from room to outside with chaires and a nice view of the bay a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Nice owner and very clean. Pretty view of the bay. Nice place to stay!

• Stayed June 2012
Cheltenham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Having checked these premises on Google, unfortunately we forgot to check the Tripadvisor site. If you read their web page, we would take issue with the following claims they make. 1 - evening meal, this wasn't mentioned and the 'innkeepers' closed down at 6 pm, locked the doors and disappeared. 2 - Wi-fi throughout, wrong, this was NOT available on the lower floor. 3 - Hot cooked breakfast to order, this was a joke, No cereal, a toaster but no bread, no choice of cooked breakfast, the choice was what the innkeeper was cooking or nothing! the icing on the cake was the total lack of warm drinks, there was no coffee/tea in the rooms or anywhere in the premises until 0630 when there was some available in the dining room! We arrived at 4.30pm and had to go to a local garage to get a cup of coffee. The bed was the hardest I have slept on, I say on as it was so hard I didn't sink in! The hotel provides binoculars in the room, but we don't know why as all the view is a car park and a small harbour with rusty fishing boats. To sum up, even at their 'reduced' summer rate, this was ridiculously overpriced, there is a Motel 1/2 mile up the road that is a lot better value for money.

• Stayed June 2012
Milledgeville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Although this place can be found under B&B's, it is more of an Inn with breakfast included than a B&B. Expectations can be higher when one looks for a B&B as a weekend getaway. The rooms are standard quality for an Inn or Motel, with the addition of fireplaces with a 4-hour log, and some brandy with chocolates as a nightcap. Breakfast was also standard fare as far as omelettes, hash browns, muffins and the like. Beni and Bob have been the innkeepers and are very nice people. They have been constrained in terms of upgrades by the owner but now are in the process of purchasing the Inn. They have many ideas to improve the facilities and will begin after the sale is closed. The rooms as well as a living area and breakfast room provide great views of Depoe Bay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harbor Lights Inn? Share your experiences!