“Wouldnt change a thing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wine Country Farm

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dayton
Wine Country Farm
6855 Breyman Orchards Rd, Dayton, OR 97114   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Dayton
Seattle,WA
“Wouldnt change a thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

The area was so beautiful that even rain couldn't spoil our stay. The owner was also friendly and treated us like friends. The house was big and spacious and we were encouraged to make ourselves at home in the kitchen, two living rooms with games, movies, television and books, in the stables with the horses, and in the hot tub and sauna. The breakfast was Delicious, as was the wine. Finally the house was adorable decorated with trinkets and the beds were big in comfortable.

The bed and breakfast was a vacation within itself. I can honestly say that I would have been happy if we didn't see anything except the B&B. I'm sure we'll be back soon.

• Stayed March 2009

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Clackamas, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

This is a beautiful property which is in a wonderful area for a getaway - lovely scenery, good restaurants, wineries to visit. The B&B has a spectacular view of the valley over a vineyard and is nicely furnished - we prefer the rooms on the second floor of the building adjoining the house for more privacy. Joan is a very gracious host and serves a splendid breakfast. They do a a simple, free wine tasting for B& B guests.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

We had a wonderful two days at Wine Country Farm. We found Joan and her staff to be gracious, friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic and breakfasts were outstanding. We traveled throughout the northwest for a month and our stay at this B&B became one of our fonder memories.

• Liked — Gracious staff and comfortable surroundings.
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed August 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Southeast US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

The outside of this bed and breakfast is very charming, the location is outstanding, and the views are spectacular....but once you enter the inn.... Although the place is neat and clean, the smell of bacon and sausage from the daily breakfast permeates the house and is overwhelming. The place is furnished with what appears to be second-hand store finds -- a mix of southwestern and victorian. I wish I had stayed someplace else!

• Liked — Views, gardens, location
  • Disliked — Smells, decor
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
wineDayton, Owner at Wine Country Farm, responded to this review, January 9, 2009
The couple who wrote the Sept. 22nd review must have us mixed up with someone else. We do not have a single piece of either Southwestern or Victorian furniture in the house. We do have Indian art, Kachinas and paintings. This house absolutely does not smell. In the morning guests come down and comment on the wonderful smell and the delicious breakfasts of which we have had many great reviews. If guests are vegitarians we always accommodate them even if they haven't advised us previously.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

This is a lovely rustic farmhouse home and B&B. We had a great stay with Joan and her staff and loved the location and the view.

The rooms are very comfortable, though the house is an old farmhouse so don't expect hotel-new facilities. We enjoyed having a fire in the living room every night over a glass of wine. . .

The B&B staff is very friendly and attentive. We had great breakfasts every day and felt very much 'at home'!

The location is terrific -- on top of a hill in the heart of it all -- several popular wineries (to include Domaine Drouhin, Domaine Serene) are on the same country lane, and it makes for wonderful early morning walks on the quiet roads.

The views are the best -- high atop the hill, you can see the entire area below, with vineyards and bucolic country views in every direction! It is a wonderful place to be in the middle of things, yet in a locaiton that encourages a slower pace, and just sitting back and enjoying the environment!

Would highly recommend this B&B.

• Liked — the comfortable, friendly, home-like stay in a terrific location!
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

I was made to feel extremely unwelcome at the Wine Country Farm. The owner(? Joan) was rude, unprofessional, and ungracious. It was the single most unpleasant hospitality experience I've ever had, and I've traveled extensively for business and pleasure (and I'm a nice person!).

I was told by other guests that a "welcome" glass of wine was available upon arrival. When it was not offered after several reasonable opportunities, I rather timidly asked about it: "I was wondering about a glass of wine?" Joan acted ignorant of the tradition ("Oh? Did you bring some?") and made me feel rude for mentioning it. I apologized and rescinded the request. She subsequently seemed to remember the tradition, by which time I told her I was no longer interested. I know all the other guests in the B&B that night, and I know others were given a glass of wine.

She refused to provide me with a rate when I made my reservation, and she made no mention of extra charges for children (who I know I mentioned because I ascertained that there would be a king-sized bed for three of us to share). There was no documentation of the reservation, so I called a couple days before arrival to confirm it, and I again mentioned the children. She denied knowing about the children (well-behaved 8- and 11-year olds) from when I made the reservation and explained that they were only being allowed because we were associated with the wedding that had booked the entire establishment.

There was no formal check-in upon arrival; we were just shown to our room. When we asked to pay upon departure the next morning, Joan charged my credit card an extra $70 ($35 per child); this was more than 50% of the price of the room. When my sister later checked out with her 7-year old, there was no additional charge for her child; and when my mother checked out later yet, Joan gave her $40 cash to refund to me--which makes no sense and is extremely unprofessional.

Note too that my kids have traveled a lot in and outside the US. They are quiet and like to read and play chess. They took off their shoes inside the B&B, and they were polite and considerate. Neither they nor I gave Joan any cause for rude treatment. Yet we received suspicious glares throughout our time there.

Joan's passive-aggressive behavior ruined an otherwise beautiful setting and superb breakfast. I strongly recommend NEVER staying at the Wine Country Farm nor subjecting your wedding guests to its poor hospitality.

• Liked — beautiful setting
  • Disliked — rude hostess
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
wineDayton, Owner at Wine Country Farm, responded to this review, July 28, 2007
Wine Country Farm hosts about 30 weddings plus many other functions in between being totally booked during our season. We have been doing so for 15 years. When our inn is booked for a wedding the bridal couple fill the rooms with the guests they choose. They know we accept children 12 and older. Rates for each room are not given out as there is a package price for the event. There are brochures in each room listing our prices for the guests. When someone shows up unexpectedly with children we do try to make the very best of the situation even though the children are under our age limit and at times can be very rambunctious. We close our tasting room to the public for the event, consequently, do not do wine tasting for the guests as everyone is busy setting up for the wedding. We take great pride in our service and our facilities. Some of my staff have been with me for over 10 years. We do understand that weddings can be very stressful for some people and would like to invite the couple to come and enjoy the hospitality that enabled us to be featured in 1,000 Places to See Before You Die.
Joan Davenport, Owner and working hostess
kamuela, hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

Nice and quiet inn in the Dundee Hills of Oregon. Rooms are comfortable, breakfast is certainly home made and good. The views of this place and area are FABULOUS! I am amazed that there aren't thousands of visitors each day to this area...maybe there are. The beauty is greater than Sonoma, and it actually reminds me very much of Beaujolais. Pinot is a finicky grape but some of the Oregon vinters have done a fabulous job... This is the next Napa and this hotel the next .....well, there are a lot of nice places in Napa and The Wine Country Farm is right up there with the best.

Only down side was the soft sell of the house made wine. "Come and have a glass of wine," where you go to the tasting room, in another building with the price list in front of you. A bit tacky, but the place is still a great find....either skip the "glass of wine," or know what to accept.

• Liked — Views
  • Disliked — Wine "tasting" turned in to a "selling " opportunity
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Wine Country Farm? Share your experiences!