“Satisfying on all levels” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dallas, Oregon
“Satisfying on all levels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

It's been a while since our previous visit to L'Attitude, primarily due to travel and other appointments that have hampered our local dining opportunities. But this week, with family visiting from our of the country and a good friend celebrating a birthday, we made time for dinner out to celebrate.
I must say I'm a bit puzzled by a negative review here from earlier this year because we found the service, food and ambience to be as good as ever if not better. Although we had not made reservations, we were quickly seated at a large table for our party of five and drink orders were taken while we looked over the menu. Lots of good choices -- some had full dinners, while Mrs. OJ and I cobbled together a filling meal from the huge selection of starters.
We shared artichoke dip ($5, with plenty of pita bread for dipping!), crab-stuffed mushrooms ($6.50), 3 scrumptious BBQ pork sliders ($4) and two very ample fish tacos ($4.25). We had intended to order a salad, too, but good thing we didn't -- we could barely finish our appetizer plates they were so filling.
Our guests were equally happy with their choices: A large rib-eye steak ($24) with huge baked potato and fresh broccoli side; a bowl of pasta with a Sicilian sweet pepper sauce ($15) that more than satisfied the big eater in our group; and a grilled salmon special ($22.50), beautifully cooked and seasoned, moist and flavorful the way NW salmon should be.
Unfortunately, we were much too stuffed to consider their (usually) tempting dessert menu. Maybe next time.
Best of all, the prices do not do major damage to the budget. Including 6 drinks and a tip of a bit more than 20% -- service was exemplary -- the total tab came to $28 per person. Great value for the best dining in Dallas!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Suburban/Rural Romance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I took my wife here for a night out and although we had been here before. The Caprese Flatbread was excellent and the atmosphere is divine. The ceilings are a little too high for me to call this wonderful restaurant cozy, but the staff is superb and very helpful. It was a very memorable evening, and I cannot wait to go back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
oregonians
“Consistently Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

As usual, we chose to take guests here for dinner and we were blessed once again with great service, food and atmosphere. This is such a relaxing and romantic type restaurant. Great asset for Dallas. Artichoke spread appetizer is a must!
Wonderful hot bread served with meals and fresh tasty salads.
Chef always amazes us with his special dishes. For friends and family this is "the place to come"
Often there is entertainment and a fire. Waitress is "the best" in polk and Marion counties.

“Lousy service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I SO wish this restaurant were good. It's terrible. Service is lousy. The menu's not good. Bartender has no clue.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Oregon
“Lots of winners on the menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We returned to Latitude for dinner a week ago, our third visit in the past 6 weeks. I'd hosted a small get-together for about 15 family and colleagues in mid-October to note my retirement from the working world. The owner and staff made it a memorable evening with great service (despite a full house in the restaurant) and excellent snacks (pizzas and meat and cheese plates) plus drinks.
Our dinner, a couple weeks later was -- if anything -- even better. We started with four gigantic mushrooms, stuffed with a yummy crab mixture and a lemony beurre blanc that tied the flavors together beautifully ($6.50). Salads came with our entrees: A nicely constructed caprese with juicy ripe tomato slices and slabs of mozzarella, with sprigs of fresh basil; and a fresh, crisp Caesar salad. Mrs. OJ's ribeye steak ($23.95) was an inch-thick slab of juicy beef, cooked to perfection and accompanied by a large baked potato, fully loaded. My traditional multi-layered lasagna ($15) ranks among the best pasta dishes I've ever eaten in a restaurant. Rich, flavorful sauce, lots of cheesy goodness and a variety of ground meats in the filling took me to a tratorria in Rome! The portion was more than ample -- in fact, we both took enough home for a meal the next day.
Now, I could have gorged myself -- but that would have left no room for Latitude's tempting dessert choices. We agreed on the pumpkin crème brulee ($4.50), a great choice for Autumn. The creamy, spice-rich brulee didn't last long and our spoons scraped almost every trace of the tasty treat from the cup.
Latitude is now hitting the mark in so many ways and on so many levels it's hard not to be enthusiastic. All I can say is I'm extremely pleased to have this dining gem, with a winning menu, so close to home!

• Visited November 2013