“Great Scenery, But Very Mediocre Place to Stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Odell Lake Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent Lake
Odell Lake Lodge
You added Odell Lake Lodge to your Saves list
21501 East Odell Lake Road, Crescent Lake, OR 97425   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crescent Lake
Oregon
“Great Scenery, But Very Mediocre Place to Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

I've stayed at this place 4 or 5 times over the years. It's really gone downhill. They had our reservations all screwed up, and of course it was completely our fault. Cabin was dirty. Overpriced. Had dinner and breakfast there. Breakfast was fine. Dinner was very mediocre. Supposedly a NY Steak, but having worked in restauants, no way. Maybe that's why the dining room was pretty empty. The area has great scenery. Next time I'll look for other options. Generally speaking, the people who run this place seem to have a "take it or leave it attitude".

I love this area, but unfortunately the accomodations are a real turn-off.

By the way, if you're driving from this area to Portland, go to Oakridge, then on Road 19 to the McKenzie River area, then west toward Eugene. We did Road 19 for the first time and it's a wonderful forest drive.

Go see Waldo Lake too.

Also Cascade Lakes Hwy. between Odell Lake and Bend.

Lots of mosquitos in this area in July. But only in July.

Stayed July 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bend, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

I love this place, We come here every year!
Great cozy cabins, by the warmth of the fire.
Groomed cross country trails that we can ski on for days.
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the restaurant has great food!

• Liked — The Mountain views
  • Disliked — It is hard to get the cabin you want on short notice..
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

In July 2007 I made reservations to stay at this lodge for two days including New Years night. At my wife suggestion, who is the organized one, I called two weeks in advance to confirm the reservation – not a requirement of this lodge. They had no record of my reservation even though I provided them with the credit card statements and said they would have the manager call back. When he had not called back within a week I called again and they said they were totally booked for those two days and would have the manager call back. When he again did not call back I called again and reached the manager who said they had an opening for the one of those nights and the following day. When I called two days later to confirm the person I talked to said no there were no openings on those days and that the manager had put me down for two days later – days that I could not make. I said to just refund the deposit and gave information to do so. He said I would be receiving it before Christmas. Six calls later still no refund or call (4 promises to call since) and am being forced to go to small claims court to get our deposit back. Level of incompetence here has surpassed anything I have ever experienced

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2007

First, let me say the area is very beautiful. We stayed in cabin #12,the biggest cabin sleeping up to 16. While I wasnt expecting "hotel-like" accomidations-- I also wasnt expecting a dirty cabin in a state of extreme disrepair (FOR $250 PER NIGHT!) The cabin was just plain filthy... You didnt even want to sit on the couches they were so disgusting and stained and FULL of food in the cracks and pet hair all over them. several of the window latches were broken...many of the curtain rods were bent .. the bathroom door didnt lock, There were lights without shades or bulbs. The toilet runs all the time, there were no extra blankets and we felt as though we were asking tooooo much to get more -- it was COLD at night! The view from our cabin is only visable from the kitchen window as they have chosen to build a large wood pile shed which blocks any view from the porch.WHY??? At the front desk Evan was very nice but the others were almost defensive...weird! This place has been neglected badly! oh..as a bonus... there are mice. Just in case it was US...and we have unrealistic expectations... We spoke to another family staying in a different cabin and they were also disgusted and said they would never be back. They also said that they rented a boat which was in disrepair. overall i suggest you check out a different place to stay in this beautiful area of Oregon.

• Liked — beautiful location
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Albany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

My husband and 2 young children stayed here. Let me tell you for $90 a night, I was apalled at the cleanliness of the the cabin. For the 2 nights we were there I never let my children play on the floor. My husband and I put our sandals on the mintue we woke up and took them off as we were getting into bed, as the floors were absolutely disgusting. The hide a bed was not suited for anyone larger than a 2 year old, if an adult sat or leaned on the side of it, it completely tipped over. Many of the sheets and bedspreads had what appeared to be stains. The ceiling fan in the kitchen had a bulb hanging from a cord and when the fan was turned on the bulb proceeded to clang loudly any time the fan was on. The cabins were definitely older but would be very acceptable if regular deep cleanings took place in addition to a thorough cleaning upon a guest vacating. Necessary cleanings are clearly not happening!!

• Liked — Scenery
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

We embarked on the trip expecting rustic, family friendly accommodations. Instead we were welcomed with a dirty cabin, the floors were filthy; the couch had dirt, old crayons and toys under the cushions (clearly not cleaned in a very long time). The dishes, pots and pans had to be washed before we used them, the heater clanked in the middle of the night. Front desk staff could not answer simple questions about where to go in the area to get a fishing license.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — not clean, poor value
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2006

Dirty, heater did not work properly -- banged in the middle of the night. Stayed in Cabin 12 -- pots dirty, floor dirty, seepage coming thru soil near cabin (septic system?), couch broken. Asked for manager and he was never there. Asked him to call us several times, no return calls. If I am paying $250 per night, travelers deserve better than this!

• Disliked — Management's lack of concern
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Odell Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!