The Village Green Resort in Cottage Grove has a delusive look of a sprawling motel off Interstate 5, just 25 miles south of Eugene, but in reality it is quite a tranquil and relaxing vacation spot in the midst of the Oregon countryside.
It was heck of a Travelzoo C$159 deal we grabbed few months back for two people for two nights stay including one fabulous dinner with a bottle of wine and two breakfasts that we availed the offer to our almost complete gratification and recreation at the closing part of summer of 2013.
The two most outstanding features of the Village Green are the "Seasons at the Green" restaurant with an impressive menu and generous portions; and the well maintained extensive Village Green garden with different themes covering a wide variety local and tropical flowers, shrubs and trees.
The resort also has a huge, interesting and perhaps expensive collection of antiques tastefully displayed in the lobby as well in the dining and entertainment areas.
The Village Green is a peaceful abode where soft music mingles with the garden fragrance of fresh air which made our stay quite sedative.
The room we got, a standard one, was quite neat and clean with a green patio. However, the sagging bed and almost worn out faded color towels need immediate replacement. If not, the motel-look of the Village Green can be tagged along with this reputable resort.
- Also Known As:
- Village Green Hotel Cottage Grove
- Village Green Hotel
- Village Green Cottage Grove
- Village Green Hotel And Gardens
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Green Resort and Gardens include an onsite restaurant "Seasons at The Green" and the Fireside lounge with live entertainment each night! Beautiful cozy Guestrooms that offer private garden patios and 14 acres of themed gardens to enjoy. Village Green is within walking distance of the 14 mile paved Row River Trail that takes you around Dorena Lake by bicycle, horse or running! Here at the Village Green Resort we offer Tandem Bike Rentals to see the area and bike the Row River Trail. We also offer an on site Beauty Salon. Cottage Grove is well known for it historic Covered Bridges. There is so much beauty here you will want to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Village Green Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.