Wow, what a delightful surprise this place was! We travel up and down the Interstate several times a year and have somehow missed this place over the years. This past Thurs. night we had a lovely stay at Village Green Resort. We had a Deluxe room that was very cozy with a fireplace and patio outside of our room which looked out into the gardens and grounds. Our room was only $109 which is a fantastic price for everything you get while staying here. The gardens are absolutely lovely and we enjoyed walking through them in the evening and in the morning before our depature.
We had dinner at the resort which was wonderful. Cozy and charming ambiance and very attentive, friendly service. Our corkage fee was waived which was very nice of our server to do. We enjoyed two entrees, I had the Prime Rib which was delicious and a salad buffet is included with your dinner. The salad bar was full of fresh veggies and yummy salad dressings. For dessert we shared a Creme Brulee which was so surprisingly good that we ordered another one. Dinner for two was under $50 with tax and tip. We were also given a coupon for 20% off of our meal. Lots of perks here!
The only complaint we had about our stay was that the beds were not that comfortable. A bit too firm and the mattresses were a little too springy. After dinner we enjoyed time in the lobby since there is no wi fi yet in the rooms. There is a great lounge at Village Green and we could hear the music and people doing kareoke which was fun. Breakfast the next morning was great! A variety of juices, freshly baked waffles, yogurt, cereals, etc. We dined in the same room where dinner was served.
After breakfast we changed into our swimsuits and had a very nice soak in their great hot tub. The pool is very pretty but it was a bit too cold for swimming. Lounge chairs were padded and there is lush greenery and pretty potted plants in the pool area. I loved the banana plants that are are around the grounds. Everything looked very well maintained and cared for. This property truly is an oasis where you can rest and relax and is definitely one not to miss when traveling. The fact that is very affordable is awesome and they offer so many perks once you check in here.
The property is also close to golf courses, covered bridges and wineries if you have the time to explore the area. Chateau Lorane is close by and Eugene is about 30 minutes away. We will definitely be returning to Village Green Resort! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Green Resort and Gardens include an onsite restaurant "Seasons at The Green" and the Fireside lounge with live entertainment each night! Beautiful cozy Guestrooms that offer private garden patios and 14 acres of themed gardens to enjoy. Village Green is within walking distance of the 14 mile paved Row River Trail that takes you around Dorena Lake by bicycle, horse or running! Here at the Village Green Resort we offer Tandem Bike Rentals to see the area and bike the Row River Trail. We also offer an on site Beauty Salon. Cottage Grove is well known for it historic Covered Bridges. There is so much beauty here you will want to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Village Green Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Green Hotel Cottage Grove
- Village Green Cottage Grove
- Village Green Hotel And Gardens