“WIFI Doesn't work..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of EconoLodge

You added EconoLodge to your Saves list
EconoLodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   935 Northwest Garfield Ave, Corvallis, OR 97330 (Formerly Motel 6 Corvallis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
Merritt Island, Florida
“WIFI Doesn't work..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are uncomfortable. The a/c kept kicking off all night. The chairs are hard. The bedding was icky. I could tell the comforters hadn't been changed in a while. It is pet friendly but unlike corporate Motel 6's there is a charge for more than one pet. It also stated Dogs only. My main issue with this dump was that the WIFI didnt work on any of my devices the whole time I was there. Even though I was promised at check in it would work. Its very pricey too for what little you get. No breakfast. $80 in June. I found another hotel the next day in Corvallis which was cheaper and cleaner. If you are on business and need WIFI dont chance staying here.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We were in Corvallis for our son's OSU open house. The outside of the motel looked great, but the moment we stepped into the stairwell to go up to our room, I knew we were in trouble. The stairs smelled like urine and the carpet was stained and dirty. In fact, the carpet all down the hall was similarly stained. The room itself seemed clean, so we settled in. A few minutes after laying on the bed however, I had the sensation of something biting my toes. I pulled off my sock and looked and saw a red bite. As I was taking this in, I looked at my arm and there were FLEAS on me! My husband, son and I jumped up and immediately moved all our things to the counter, but I was very upset because I always bring my own pillow and had laid it on the bed.

We were offered another room, but there is no way we were going to stay there after that. We checked out and had to schlep all of belongings to another motel at 10 o'clock at night. The worst experience I have ever had in a motel. I still have the flea bites to remind me of Motel 6 in Corvallis.

Room Tip: Make sure the motel you stay in has dedicated pet rooms. Otherwise, you never know about this happe...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I've stayed here several times and I have to say it's always clean and I've been very happy. Nothing but the best.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

My husband and I planned a last minute trip to Corvallis and decided to try out the Motel 6 because the online rate we got was amazing. We felt the hotel left much to be desired. However, it was still a decent place for the price and our one night stay.

The hallway was pretty run down and smelly. Our room also had an interesting odor and we assumed it was coming from the air conditioner. Overall, the hotel needs a little freshening up. We never really got that comfortable and relaxing feel while we were there.

The room "seemed" clean but the decor was extremely dated and took away from the clean feel (hope that makes sense). I think a little fresh paint and modern/comfortable bedding could do wonders for this hotel.

They also had a hot tub outside with a small sitting area but it was closed the entire time we were there.

I added a 2nd star to this review because the staff was extremely friendly when we checked in and that is a big deal to me.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Drove down from Seattle to visit family who just moved to the west (best) coast.

Hotel was clean, room very large, plenty of hot water, towels, FUNCTIONING WiFi (could even watch a Netflix movie). Nice walking distance to some close by and decent shopping and eating places (Starbucks, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, American Steakhouse, Trader Joe's, Safeway, etc)
Biking distance to downtown Corvallis (walk would be about 30 min or less).

This hotel happily accepts dogs - which was one of our requirements.

Hot Tub was "closed for the season" (?) - not that it really mattered to us this time - and sort of in the middle of the parking lot

For the price we paid (hotel directly, not Priceline or the like), a deal that is very hard to beat.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Friendly front desk, clean and quiet room with no frills (no shampoo, lotion, hair dryer, coffee) in room. Very comfortable bed. Great shower head. Forgot my hair dryer so front desk happily provided one. It's been a long time since I've stayed at a Motel 6 and I was satisfied with my experience except disappointed there is no continental breakfast, as so many places provide that now. I love the location: a short 5 min drive to downtown Corvallis and to OSU campus, yet right next to shopping, coffee or a few restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Aiea, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

My wife & I stayed here 3 nights in September to drop our daughter off at OSU as well as attend the OSU Football game. During football weekends, hotel room prices are at a premium for area hotels. If your schedule is flexible, avoid OSU Football weekends in Corvallis, unless your attending the game...

Positives: Rooms were cleaned and basic with no frills. If you go in with minimal expectations, then you will not be disappointed. This motel is adjacent to the Best Western and right across a shopping complex that has an Italian restaurant, Jamba Juice and Trader Joe's. Service was OK and helpful enough. Lots of parking.

Negatives: No elevators. Real difficult carrying luggage up three flights of stairs if your staying on the 3rd floor.

I would recommend this property if your looking for an Economy Motel in the area, but if your not ,consider another property.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to EconoLodge? Share your experiences!