“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites of Corvallis

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites of Corvallis to your Saves list
Comfort Suites of Corvallis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1730 NW 9th Street, Corvallis, OR 97330 (Formerly Salbasgeon Suites of Corvallis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Corvallis
Stranda, More og Romsdal, Norway
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

With my work, I stay in a lot of hotels. This is definitely one of the nicer Comfort Suites. Very clean, nicely decorated, and great customer service. My job paid for the room, so I don't know how much it cost.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had my first stay ever at the Comfort Suites Of Corvallis last week. Overall it was a decent experience but we had a couple of problems with our room that I believe will discourage us from coming back at this time. I mean you dont expect these things when you pay $170 plus for one night.

1. Our Toliet didnt flush when we tried to use it, I ended up fixing this myself by taking the back off the toilet and manually fixing it.

2. Our Shower did not drain. The plug was broken so it stayed pretty much in a down position causing us to shower in standing water above our ankles to take a shower. Not to much fun if you ask me. I wedged the shower mat under the plug but that only took care of a little bit of the problem, we still showered in standing water which is pretty much unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
portland, or
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This Comfort Suites appears to be a cut above most Comfort Inns. The "suites" is an additional space w/sofa and armchair and desk--a good place to relax or work. The breakfast was the best I've seen in a motel--2 hot items with breakfast meats + waffles and assorted other breakfast items. Eating space is restaurant-like with booths. I also liked the pool which, tho' not huge, was adequate for exercise. Price was fair considering the comfort level.

Room Tip: The facility is off the main road, 9th, almost a block so choosing rooms at the back gets you a real...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here for a one night stay while traveling through Oregon. The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel looked like it has been recently remodeled. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
Doreen C, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Corvallis, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am so glad you decided to stop in Corvallis while on your trip through beautiful Oregon. Thank you for your words of praise on our redesign. We want each one of our guests to feel at home here so a lot of time and thought went into the changes we made.
Once again, I hope your trip through Oregon went well and next time your in town stop in and see us again, because our goal is to keep up with the changing trends to preserve the feeling of a fresh and new hotel.
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel is really nice with super friendly staff. I love the free breakfast in the morning. The rooms are nice and big. The only thing I hate, is that I didn't get any points because I got my rate at a group discount. I stayed here for about 14 days and got 0 points because my stay was not eligible because of a mini group discount. I'm the type that saves points for all my vacations and corporate stays. I will not be staying with Comfort Suites again because I spent over $1800 (Paid by the company, of course) and received 0 points for it but people can stay 2 separate nights and already earn a free night stay. The commercial is a lie, stay at Choice Hotels and they will do everything not to give you points.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Doreen C, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Corvallis, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind words in regards to our hotel and the many wonderful amenities we offer. I was disappointed to learn that you are unhappy with Choice Hotels Internationals rewards program. Please understand that when you stay at any hotel and receive a discounted stay through another program such as a group discount as in your case, we must also be sure our transient guests who pay full price for their accommodations that they are important too by offering them a way to earn rewards for their stay, and benefit for future stays. And remember, you will always receive your corporate discount when you stay at our hotel and the savings you earn form your discounted stays would be comparable to a free night.
By way of this explanation I hope that I have been able to assist you with your frustrations and enlighten you on how the Choice Privileges program works. I realize that this does not totally resolve your problem; however, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what were doing right what we are doing wrong and how we can improve.
Your patronage is very important to us, thank you for taking the time to share you concerns.
Sublimity, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed there 9/92012 after a wedding and found the staff from the laundry room to the front desk very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the only negative was too much furniture in a handicapped room. I'd stay again if I needed a room in Corvallis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I was delighted to read about your kind words of praise. Given the nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thanks. We strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. It’s only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of our accommodations and services.
Again, we appreciate your kind words and suggestions. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and look forward to your next visit.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I wound up booking a trip at the last minute to the Oregon coast from the Puget Sound, and stopped in at Comfort Suites. The late-night staff were extremely helpful, placing us in a room where we could easily unpack our car and head out early in the morning.

Even though it was a late-night booking and we were last-minute, the staff found us a great room. We went through the standard process of credit card holds for the reservation and slept like rocks through the night until getting up a little later than expected.

As a quick note: anyone who says "Double charged" or "Charged Twice!!!! WARNING!!!!" is probably someone who isn't aware that in the world of hotels, motels, and other vacation rentals, many places put a hold on your credit card for the full amount of the reservation prior to the charges. Thus, if you're traveling with an exceedingly low-limit credit card or choose to use a debit card for the transaction, you might find that the hotel "double-charges" - IE, places a financial hold on the card that expires within a set time limit - in addition to the actual charges.

Of course, most people who spend any time in hotels and understand basic hotel stay practice / financial intelligence might comprehend this fact. However, I also understand that there are other people who fail the Intelligence Test when it comes to basic customer service / hotel stays.

The reality is, the other reviewers who complained about the "double charge" are simply ignorant of the fact that a financial hold is often placed on a card and released post-payment. Both of the other people who complained about a double charge are technically correct; but also completely ignorant of how almost all hotels, bed and breakfasts, and other hospitality suites conduct financial transactions.

Side note: we even got advice on the best place to have breakfast and get good coffee from our front desk rep, Jared, who was more than helpful throughout the entire late check-in process. Props indeed to him.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Corvallis, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience! A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because a hotels success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that your comments are greatly appreciated.
Corvallis is an excellent gateway stop if you are planning on visiting the beautiful Oregon Coast. I hope you had a wonderful time on your trip to the Coast.
Once again, your comments are genuinely appreciated!
Doreen Cowan

Been to Comfort Suites of Corvallis? Share your experiences!