My wife and I wound up booking a trip at the last minute to the Oregon coast from the Puget Sound, and stopped in at Comfort Suites. The late-night staff were extremely helpful, placing us in a room where we could easily unpack our car and head out early in the morning.
Even though it was a late-night booking and we were last-minute, the staff found us a great room. We went through the standard process of credit card holds for the reservation and slept like rocks through the night until getting up a little later than expected.
As a quick note: anyone who says "Double charged" or "Charged Twice!!!! WARNING!!!!" is probably someone who isn't aware that in the world of hotels, motels, and other vacation rentals, many places put a hold on your credit card for the full amount of the reservation prior to the charges. Thus, if you're traveling with an exceedingly low-limit credit card or choose to use a debit card for the transaction, you might find that the hotel "double-charges" - IE, places a financial hold on the card that expires within a set time limit - in addition to the actual charges.
Of course, most people who spend any time in hotels and understand basic hotel stay practice / financial intelligence might comprehend this fact. However, I also understand that there are other people who fail the Intelligence Test when it comes to basic customer service / hotel stays.
The reality is, the other reviewers who complained about the "double charge" are simply ignorant of the fact that a financial hold is often placed on a card and released post-payment. Both of the other people who complained about a double charge are technically correct; but also completely ignorant of how almost all hotels, bed and breakfasts, and other hospitality suites conduct financial transactions.
Side note: we even got advice on the best place to have breakfast and get good coffee from our front desk rep, Jared, who was more than helpful throughout the entire late check-in process. Props indeed to him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We designed each of our suites to feel more like a second home than a stark hotel room. The result is the kind of space you want to settle into. Every suite has a spacious seating area with an easy chair and a sofa. For your convenience we provide a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and an iron and ironing board. For our business travelers we have provided a spacious desk area with an ergonomical office chair where you can comfortably work using our high speed wireless internet and after you have finished your work you will enjoy the creature comforts of your own home. For your viewing pleasure we have over 100 channels on our new High Definition Flat Screen televisions. You feel well rested on our brand new pillow top mattresses which have been expertly designed for an undisturbed, quality sleeping experience. Please join us in the mornings for our complimentary buffet style breakfast where you will find delicious fresh prepared food by our Executive chefs. To name a few, you can choose from scrambled cheesy eggs, sausage, or bacon, fresh fruits, yogurt, donuts, danishes, muffins, juice, and coffee. Our Chefs keep a variety of menus so you can enjoy something different each day you are here.To help in keeping with your fitness routine our Exercise room provides several options to suit your exercise needs such as Elliptical machines, Tread mill, Bike, and weight machines. Corvallis provides many running paths and trails if you choose to enjoy a run outdoors. The kids will enjoy our large heated indoor swimming pool while you relax in our spacious hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Suites of Corvallis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Of Corvallis Hotel Corvallis
- Salbasgeon Hotel Corvallis