“Perfect for us” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites of Corvallis

You added Comfort Suites of Corvallis to your Saves list
Comfort Suites of Corvallis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1730 NW 9th Street, Corvallis, OR 97330 (Formerly Salbasgeon Suites of Corvallis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
portland, or
“Perfect for us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

The hotel was fully booked due to families like ours, in Corvallis for the 11 to 14 year old state swim meet. I expected to hear lots of kids running through the halls making noise. Our room #314 King efficiency was extremely quiet, spacious, and comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good. We did not use the pool or exercise room.All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.Great value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

My family and I stayed two nights here for our friend’s wedding. The ownership had already cut over to Comfort Suites (lobby sign) but the road sign still hung Salbasgeon. The friendly front desk crew, though, were still working out some transition bugs. We stayed in a two-queen room with a comfortable enough partitioned living area. The bathroom was clean and functional. The lobby area was inviting and had a small gift center/shop. I did not use the pool or fitness facilities but they looked fine. I instead did a 14 mile circuit run in the neighborhood and was pleased with the breakfast when I returned. There was a very nice selection of hearty hot and cold items. The eating area was less-lobby like and more restaurant-like which was a plus. The Wi-Fi performed well. While I know the management can address undesired customer behavior they are not responsible for it and kids running through the premises does affect the overall value of the stay; it just goes with the package. While there was not a lot of that kind of happenings, there was enough to drop a star on missed expectations, even for a mid-range hotel. After all, this is not the Disneyland Hotel. I would definitely stay here again. It was a good value (though we did get a group rate for the wedding) and I expect things will get better under the new brand. (The transition is now obviously complete.)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This property is a cut above the average Comfort Inn. The good-sized flat screen TV equipped with HD was a nice surprise! On the Saturday night I was there, it was very quiet (perhaps surprising for a college town) and I slept in til 9 am undisturbed. I was glad I'd put out the do-not-disturb sign, however, as maids were busy worked when I stepped out into the hall at 9:20. My room had a nice sitting area with a loveseat and coffee table, and it appeared to have been remodeled relatively recently. The bedding was clean and comfortable (though an extra blanket would have been nice - beds are equipped with only a blanket, no comforter). Hot water in the shower came and went a bit, but not unbearable.

I was surprised to see that breakfast ended at 9:30 on a Sunday morning. At 9:20, I hustled down to the lobby and was pleasantly surprised to find that the offerings were a cut above the usual Comfort Inn fare and there was a very comfortable restaurant-like dining area. Unfortunately, I was discouraged from enjoying any of this by the staff member who immediately advised me that although he wasn't "chasing me out," he planned to "break down" the breakfast line (this was at 9:25). I was disappointed that the breakfast offerings didn't live up to the tasty-sounding descriptions - the scrambled eggs with cheddar were chalky (made from powdered eggs?) and the marionberry French toast was awfully dry and tasted strongly of something artificial and acrid. By the time I discovered the breakfast items i had selected were inedible, it was too late to partake of anything else, because the breakfast items had all been put away.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I see the "U" shaped curve in the reviews for this location thus far and they really puzzle me. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my stay, and I'm picky and always looking for something to comment about back here at Trip Advisor.

This is a nice place, clean, newer, roomy, safe and secure. Nice breakfast, prompt courteous service, and convenient location. I honestly can't see any reason to rate this nice place down the way some have. It's no resort - just a motel - but plenty comfortable.

One, ONE VERY BIG caveat: if there are school buses in the parking lot ask - no, demand a floor that they are not booked on.

Room Tip: This is off the street enough that I don't think one side is any quieter than the other.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
the sea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The halls, third floor, reeked of bad Chinese food. Thye're trying to be more than they are, too pricey. Rooms were ok.

Room Tip: just ok not great
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Management was extremely rude and hostile. The breakfast was substandard. I have never had such a negative experience with a hotel owner!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Woodacre, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

The Salbasgeon Suites are located in a cluster of other hotels in a retail area in Corvallis. It was great to walk to Jamba Juice, Trader Joes, and dinner at King Tin, a very good Chinese restaurant. The pool and hot tub were excellent. Although providing the awesome amenity of providing a computer in each room, the Internet connection was weak and continually failed, both on the room computer and our own devices. The plumbing in the room was also weak. The breakfast was really good. The hotel was very busy with swim teams and other youth sports, and the service was rather impersonal. Parking was free. The room is set up with two queen beds immediately, then a sort of room divider, and then a living room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites of Corvallis? Share your experiences!