“bad prime rib” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Buffet
Newport, Oregon
“bad prime rib”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We went shopping in coos bay and we decided to stop at the mill casino. We used our free play and then spend some money at the slots. This was on Tuesday and they were haveing a Prime Rib Buffet special for $14.95 so we dicided to give it a try after our last visit at the other restaurant that was so bad.
Well I have to say nothing has changed at the Mill Casino, The food and service in the Buffet and in the gaming area are still terrible. The prime rib was so tough and dry my jaw was acking trying to chew it. We have never ever had prime rib that bad before anywhere. We told the server about it and they said well we have all new cooks again but I will let them know about it; the server never came back and we left with our plates full of food. We will never eat again at the Mill

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

La Center, Washington
“Best non-specialized Buffet Yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have been searching for a buffet that has a little bit of everything. I personally am partial to seafood buffets, and have found many that are of good quality. However, I have not had the same luck with non-specialized buffets that have a little bit of everything. The best around my area is Hometown Buffet, but the quality of their food has diminished in recent years. It seemed that this would always be the case.

But I decided to take advantage of Saw Blade Buffet's $14.95 Tuesday special featuring unlimited prime rib. Immediately, I knew that this would be a good meal. I arrived at 4:15 (The buffet starts at 4PM), expecting to be among the first customers for the buffet, but found that every single table was full. This was surprising, seeing as there were about 3-4 dozen tables, all of them full so early. I was the first on the waiting list and waited about 20 minutes to be seated.

This was worth the wait. There was a chef that would make custom pasta orders, as well as fresh sliced fruit and freshly made desserts. There was also fried halibut, something I had never seen at a buffet. Usually, the fish is Cod at best, or mixture of fish without a name. This was truly halibut and very tasty. Other high quality foods filled the rest of the buffet, including Yukon Gold Mashed potatoes, a kind a greatly prefer to the usual russets.

The headlining prime rib was also very good. A chef cut to order and the meat was rare, but he would add more time to it on the grill if requested. I had several slices of this, which alone would have normally exceeded the $14.95 price.

Although everything tasted good, there were only two buffet tables and a dessert table. I would have liked more choices, but have no complaints for the choices that were available. The only other change I wish they would make is to have self-serve drinks. The buffet was so busy that the servers had a hard time keeping up on drink refills and I could have easily done that myself. Drinks are included in the price of the meal.

Overall, this is a fantastic buffet and I will definitely eat here again given the chance. I've read and overheard people talking in the buffet that the buffet is not available everyday, so make sure to check the website to make sure they have a buffet during the day you plan to go, or you could be paying per plate! On the way out the line was backed up all the way into the casino, with probably 40 parties waiting to be seated. This alone should signify the quality of this restaurant

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coquille, Oregon
“Good food. Good service too.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Much better than average buffet. Food was very fresh and the salad bar is superb. Good value if you are hungry!

Visited April 2013
Port Orford, Oregon
“Relaxing atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Relaxing atmosphere considering its in the middle of a casino. good food attentive staff. Lots of choices vegetarian and meat eaters ill both be happy.

Visited May 2013
Coos Bay, Oregon
“High priced and the food is horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food is terrible and it is very high priced . The seafood for the buffet is low quality and the food is not kept very warm. They charge way to much for what you get.

Visited January 2013