“Dishonest maids” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Coos Bay

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Coos Bay to your Saves list
Motel 6 Coos Bay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1445 Bayshore Dr, US Hwy 101/Bayshore Dr, Coos Bay, OR 97420   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Coos Bay
Umatilla
“Dishonest maids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

While most of the stay was okay, we found the maids and or staff to be somewhat dishonest. I forgot a power supply to my new Motorola Xoom tablet at my room (my bad). When I realized what I had done, I immediately called the motel to let them know. I told them exactly where I had left it, and they said the room had not be rented since I had been there.

The power supply never did turn up. I can only assume the maid did not want to be bothered with it and threw it away. Either that or the motel itself did not want to be bothered with mailing it to us, a service I would have gladly paid extra for. Repeated phone calls provided no satisfaction. I will never stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We usually stay at La Quinta or Drury whenever possible, but for Coos Bay those weren't an option so we ended up choosing Motel 6 because the price and location were right. The staff at check in was very friendly, but not knowledgeable about her job or the area- we were asked to fill out a check-in card when we checked out which was inconvenient and seemed pointless at that point. The room had a strange musty smell, the bed was uncomfortable, the linens were thin and cheap, the floor had several stains on it, the TV was old and there was no alarm clock. There was alot of traffic noise- I expected some being right off the highway but the walls and windows just seemed very thin.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

After inspecting the beds for bed bug droppings, I discovered just how clean this motel is. Room is great, checkin a breeze, and its right off the 101. As per usual with motel 6, the towels are thin and sub par, but I bring my own. Beds are pretty comfy, too.

• Stayed June 2012
Galloway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is a pretty good and cheap place for a overnight stay. The room was clean, the staff was super friendly and the bed was not a concrete slab. My only complaint is the internet was not free (the signal was awful too) and the TV was very small.

Room Tip: If you want internet access here, do not count on the services provided. Bring an aircard, or look...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Rancho Cordova, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Large rooms. Great bargain. Very friendly staff. Would stay there again anytime. Thanks so much!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

this was a typical Motel 6. When I could not log onto the internet I was told to call their tech support person and this had to be the most unprofessional worst prepared guy I have spoken to in a long time. His response when I told him I could not log on was to tell me to keep trying. I did 20 times and then he said for me to walk around the room with my laptop and see if I get a better signal, I did not, then he said for me to go to the main office and see if I could log on there, I could not, then he asked me to go and walk around outside. I finally refused and got a refund for my internet codes.

The lady at the front desk could not believe this guys requests.

Room Tip: Don't sstay here if you need internet access.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
South Shore of Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Ok for a quick night.

Clean an comfy room.
Staff was helpful at the front desk.
Note that you are able to ear the road from every room (US 101)
Note that the beach is more a commercial port.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Coos Bay? Share your experiences!