“Not much to do” 3 of 5 stars

Medford, Oregon, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Not much to do”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

There isn't anything to do, then look at a old wooden boat. Unless you like that, it's boring. My husband wanted to walk the boardwalk, I wasn't impressed. There is just nothing to do.

Redding, California
12 attraction reviews
“Ferry and Tanker ships”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was fabulous as there were many many photos showing what the Coos Bay boardwalk was back in it's high peak of production. Wear a light weight jacket. This was a fun learning experience.

Calgary, Canada
“Steve's ATV Rental....avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I just returned from a drive up the Oregon Coast, a trip my son and I were planning for years.
It was a trip that was ruined by an experience at Steve's ATV rental in Coos Bay.

My son and I were greeted by Barry(more on him later) and he gave us a quick run down on the units.He couldn't figure out how to play the safety video....I should have taken this as a warning.

Barry said they had 30 rentals a day there,yet there was no one else to be seen,it looked like we were the first(and last rentals) of the day.

When we went out we immediately got stuck in the sand,the ATV's were simply underpowered and not designed for the area.After 20 minutes my son was getting stuck so much(and crying the whole time) we just wanted to get back.The problem was we couldn't get up any hills,the ATV's did not have enough power.Everyone else in their own machines had no problem,one fella even came up to us and said we should not be out there with those units.

Eventually my son's ATV got stuck and we could not get it out(no damage,just stuck in the sand).
When we returned I told Barry our problems and we said we were the first to have any problems there.Then,get this,he said they had only been there for 2 weeks.I bet we were the first to even rent those units out there.

OK,here's where it gets good.I told Barry I would like my money back.He said not only would I not get my money back but I was going to lose my $100 deposit for getting stuck!!

I couldn't believe it.When I persisted Barry said he was going to knock my blanking head off if I didn't leave.No dice I said,I wanted my money back.

Barry then hit me in the shoulder and knocked me against the door.

I immediately called the police.The Coos Bay sheriff was awesome.He said he could hook me up with a reputable company. I could press charges but I would have to return To Oregon to go to court.

I ended up trying to get ahold of Steve,but he would not return my calls or emails.

Just a terrible experience with thsi company,I would avoid them at all costs!!

West Jordan, Utah
7 attraction reviews
“There is nothing on the boardwalk!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

A very small boardwalk with nothing except for a great little place to eat ( if you like seafood) very nice people that run the place. Do not go here expecting to do a lot of shopping because there is none! A little disappointing such a cute little town with nothing that stays open.

Visited July 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Nice info about the town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Nice display of info about the town of Coos Bay, but otherwise, nothing to really see at this boardwalk. Hope they add more things later.

Visited July 2012