“One bad steak shouldn't ruin your experience..” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Coos Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: This is far & away the BEST food in Coos Bay! Off the beaten path, but worth looking for. Grilled, Fresh, Friendly, and always EXCELLENT food. Local's favorite!
Coos Bay, Oregon
“One bad steak shouldn't ruin your experience..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

My colleagues and our spouses had our Christmas party here on December 9th. We started out with cocktails in the lounge area and migrated to our table in the outdoor seating area. The lounge area could use some updating, but there is no way I can fault them because the bartender was attentive and the atmosphere cozy. We were led to the outdoor seating area and it was enclosed by a large tent with many heat lamps that, again, made you feel cozy and not at all exposed to the chill. We had a party of 12 but that was not a challenge for our server; she was very affable and ensured we were all attended to without over doing the charm. She brought out a sour cream styled dip with pretzels to keep us busy and took our drink order. Most ordered appetizers and the winner of that round goes to the Oysters. I believe they were local, and seemed to be BBQd with a cream sauce of sorts served on the half shell. Our group loved them more than the entrée. As we had a large crowd, our entrée did not come out for a little longer than what would be considered normal. To compensate, the server brought out crusty white bread and butter. They served all main dishes at the same time and I believe I was the only one that took issue with the meal. I ordered Filet Mignon medium rare and the first bite was delicious. I noticed it was not quite warm and looked closely at the meat…which was raw. I quietly mentioned it to my co-diners whom immediately bade me to send it back. The server was quickly by my side and sincerely wanted to correct the issue but, through personal choice due to seeing the movie Waiting too many times, opted to keep the cut of meat to bring home as opposed to returning it to the kitchen. I shared my husband’s meal of 16oz Ribeye and that was absolutely amazing and tender…and cooked to perfection. SO! Give this place a shot! I believe it IS the best restaurant in the Coos Bay/North Bend area and my colleagues all enjoyed their meal. My raw filet had to have been a fluke based on the taste of the rest of the meal.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

You will want to eat outside. Portable heaters made the dining outside very enjoyable. I had the bacon wrapped teriyaki tuna, and it was excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“One of our favorite places in Coos Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Good food. They are known for their BBQ Ribs and steaks. However, our personal favorites are the teriyaki chicken salad - the large salad is HUGE and delicious, patty melt, Mitch's cajun oysters (or Prawns) - love their cole slaw...really - if you want to go to a restaurant with a big selection of good food this a very good choice. They also have a beautiful enclosed garden area makes dining extra enjoyable. The bar area is great as they have several TVs - making it fun watching the sports games.

The owners, Carole and Jim and their staff is exceptional and make you feel at home the very moment you walk in. (Jane and Lisa especially)

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Surprisingly good food from it's outsidde appearance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Stopped here for dinner, and it was a little worrisome on the outside. Inside, the small dining room was comfortable and the menu extensive. Food was good (although the seafood pasta dish was a little odd...large chunks of white onion instead of scallions...were they out?), although a little overpriced. Service was lacking, drinks were not refilled until almost the end of the meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Very good food family style restaurant, diverse menu.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Very casual family style with a very diverse menu. We tried the ribs, snapper, steaks a couple specials and everything was very good. Basic decor but very good cheerful service...thanks Jamie! Surprising diversity of food for the size of the place. Will definately return on our next visit to coos bay.

• Visited April 2011