“Friendly staff. Small room, but clean and comfortable...” 3 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Coos Bay / North Bend to your Saves list
Super 8 Coos Bay / North Bend
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 North Bay Shore Avenue, Coos Bay, OR 97420   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chehalis, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Positives first: When I pulled up to this Super 8, I thought ecchhh... some super 8's are newer and nice, this one looks a bit old and rundown. I did like how the parking is enclosed however and when I finally got in the room I was pleasantly surprised by the fresh paint (flat not semi-gloss, yeah!) granite tops, nice furnishings. Inside the room was something different from the outside. All the normal accouterments one might expect at a super 8 were there; shampoo, lotion, soaps. Nice selection of TV channels and a nice wall-mounted flat screen (albeit a bit small for the room) I was pleased with the room... until

Negatives: Oh the noise! As other reviewers have mentioned it's loud, but not keep you awake at night loud; more like annoying loud. I was on a lower floor (more about that later) and the family of 40 above me all wore their Frankenstein shoes and I believe they must have been practicing circus acts in their room as I was literally startled out of my skin a few times with the loud thumps from above. The King size bed was about as comfortable as one might expect at a Super 8 (as in, not very) and it made a plastic crunchy noise when you moved in the slightest way... not good.

The WORST thing that happened was that when I registered I asked for a lower room because of my knees and there being no elevator, it's really tough on me to schlep my stuff up stairs. The lady I met at the front desk was VERY NICE and found me a lower room. Unfortunately she didn't actually register me into that room on the computer which I found out later. I had a "do not disturb" sign on my door. I didn't plan on leaving my room (which I had for 2 nights) until after 11am, so I wanted to fend off the cleaning staff until then. Even with a DND sign on the door, the cleaning staff BANGED on the door. I opened the door and the woman at the door was rude. She demanded to know who I was. I asked her if she saw the DND sign on the door. She ignored my question and said that I was not supposed to be in that room and she walked away. 10 seconds later my room phone rings and its the front desk, "WHO IS THIS??" she demanded. "What's your name?" in a rude tone. I could easily tell that they assumed I had snuck into the room and was not paying for it. I expected the police to show up next. I said, "Before I tell you my name, first let me say this; I am not used to being treated so rudely. I would think that if you have someone in a room that's not expected you might want to do a little checking FIRST before you annoy the guest with an accusatory tone! I then told her my name and that the registrant had switched me to a lower room. She then saw it and only said, "Sorry for disturbing you"... which after the way I had just been treated was inadequate. To add insult to injury they never cleaned the room.

For the above reason, I cannot recommend this hotel. People make mistakes, but there is NEVER an excuse for extremely rude behavior like what I experienced. All it would have taken was a few kind words and I would have understood their concern. But to treat me that way and then not even clean the room at all... I should get a refund.

Room Tip: Make sure you're actually registered in your room or you may be arrested.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Rose B, Manager at Super 8 Coos Bay / North Bend, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I am glad you found our rooms to be so nice. I am sorry that you were disturbed by a upstairs person, if you had call the front desk we would have call the upstairs room and had them stop the noise. As for the issue about the housekeeping and getting the call we had to find out what was going on as we did not have a guest registered in the room you were in and not knowing your name we could not figure it out. I am sorry you felt that I was rude, I asked for your name so that I could figured out what had happen and did sat I was sorry then and now for disturbing you that day. I hope the rest of your stay was better. Please contact me if you have any other questions at 541-808-0700. thank you

Been to Super 8 Coos Bay / North Bend? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Coos Bay / North Bend

Address: 1001 North Bay Shore Avenue, Coos Bay, OR 97420
Location: United States > Oregon > Oregon Coast > Coos Bay
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Coos Bay / North Bend 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Coos Bay / North Bend reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Coos Bay / North Bend Hotel Coos Bay

If you own or manage Super 8 Coos Bay / North Bend, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.