“Not for Business Travelers or single females” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Coos Bay
Beaverton, Oregon
“Not for Business Travelers or single females”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I actually hate to write negative reviews, however I would not recommend this hotel. I usually stay at Red Lion or Edgewater when I travel to Coos for work. However, this time for some reason the hotels were booked in the middle of the week (with no events in the town - Whats up with That?!) Upon check-in I was not impressed with the parking. For the amount of rooms and with the restaurant attached to the hotel, there are not enough spaces or room for large vehicles especially when they are full. I checked in on a warm summer day and realized quickly they do not have AC! Yes I know this is the Oregon Coast but this is a hotel where customers drive up to the front of their rooms where windows face the parking lot. I was on the first floor. In order to cool off my room I had to open the window and place a fan in the window to blow in cold air. I am not a fan of having wide open windows while I stay in hotels especially when all the people in the parking lot can look in and see what you are doing. They are on the corner of Hwy 101 where it splits into one ways on either side and the highway noise is loud so keeping your window open is also a negative for the loud noise. I was also not impressed with the size of the rooms - they are really small and cramped. They need to replace the carpeting as mine was very stained and worn. However they have done some very nice upgrades to the rooms fixtures. Honestly if they had AC and replaced the carpet, while the room size would still be small I would have given this a very good.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better in the summer so you can keep your window open and feel more comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Medford, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I went to Coos Bay for our wedding anniversary. The first two nights, we were able to stay at The Mills, complimentary free nights. The next two nights, we found Super 8. It was less then $90.00. We figured what the hell, it would only be for two nights. I was very unsatisfied about everything. From the very small parking lot, which was very hard to back up in our two door Explorer. The free breakfast, was very small. Not a lot to choose from. There is no air condition in any of the rooms, our room key didn't work the first day we stayed. The person staying in the next room, had there television blared loud after 10pm. You heard loud trucks on highway 101 all night, from the mill. I will never stay here again. The staff at the front desk, needs better customer service. Not to mention that our mini fridge, smelled like Asian food. When we never had it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We drove in to the Super 8 quite late after a long drive along the coast, and only after we found the next hotel totally full. I had never stayed in a Super 8 before, and I have to say was totally surprised at how great it was. The rooms look like they do in the photos - really nice decor and a beautiful bathroom. The beds were very comfortable and although the place seemed to be fairly full - was actually really quiet. We were happy to have a free breakfast as well - it won't knock your socks off but was fairly decent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here in July and I rate it as "OK". The staff was fun and did their best to satisfy us. We did not make reservations and this was a drop in. Price was better than most of the surrounding hotels. We looked at lucky room 113 before taking it and first impressions were clean. After settling in, I noticed that the wall near the bathtub is water damaged and needs to be repaired like "NOW". There is a hole. It appears that a repair may have been started but not finished. I brought it to their attention and I'm feel confident they will fix it. Carpet has large stains in some places. Also, I must add that the door needs a key to open because the electronics do not work. I don't think its a good idea to lend out the key I had. Not going into specifics, they know what I mean. Breakfast was good but very cramped. It looks like one of the actual guest rooms. I'm not a picky person and figure if I write it, they will work on it. I feel confident they will.

Room Tip: Expect a small room on the ground level. I don't know if there are bigger rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I will admit, we were all scared to stay at a Super 8 but it was late and we were tired. We had tried others in the area and everything was booked so this was recommended to us. Very friendly front desk staff. Rooms were obviously recently remodeled - new paint, bedding, desks, vanity in bathroom and tiling is all newer and perfectly fine. Bed is comfortable although it squeaks when you sit on the corners (happened in other 2 rooms too so it wasn't just me) but didn't squeak when you lay down. Rooms are really small; I would not want to stay here for a long time only because the rooms are so small (we had king size bed). My biggest complaint was that there were two hairs in the tub before I took a shower. Otherwise, the room and bathroom were very clean. No a/c in rooms but there is an overhead fan and, if you don't mind cracking the window open a little, it will actually get cold in the room. All the rooms were sold out and yet is was very quiet. Breakfast is great for the price of the room - make your own waffles, toast, bananas, cereal, coffee/tea, etc.
Location is very convenient to any activities in the area. Can't beat the price and it was better than I had expected.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New Westminster
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We found Super 8's to be good value fo rmoney and are pretty much always clean and teh staff are very helpful. The Super 8 in Coos bay was one of the nicest, room wise, it appeared to have recently had a face lift. The staff were greta and even the breakfast was superior.
Don't miss the Captian's Cabin Pub on 275-N. Broadway, teh bar is a divey, but the people are amazing, cheap prices and the food and bloody Mary's are worth the visit. Owned by fellow Canadian Nadene, and her husband Jim, they are trying to create a great community based busnesss.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

A pleasant motel, which didn't fail our expectations. Good breakfast, good staff, very clean. I felt safe and good and slept like a log.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Coos Bay / North Bend? Share your experiences!